No announcement yet.

A Boxing Fan Looks At MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Boxing Fan Looks At MMA

I tried to paste the article, but it was too long. So please follow the link. It is a very good article!!

http://www.secondsout.com/USA/colhau...s=208&cs=23364

Great article, I was going to post it 2 weeks ago. But I dident think anybody would read it.

Comment

Too bad that HBO deal fell through, that really would have been good for them (The UFC). CBS is a bit more risky because of critics and all.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
        Too bad that HBO deal fell through, that really would have been good for them (The UFC). CBS is a bit more risky because of critics and all.
        Yeah, but they had big arguments about who would produce the programs. I hope they can open up talks again in the near future cause that would really be a big boost for MMA as a sport.

Comment

HBO is still looking to do MMA in the future....So Said Ross Greenberg, head of HBO sports in a recent interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
            Yeah, but they had big arguments about who would produce the programs. I hope they can open up talks again in the near future cause that would really be a big boost for MMA as a sport.
            Not happening.

They picked up the IFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
              Not happening.

They picked up the IFL.
              thats only on HBO latino though. im sure they would drop them if the UFC came calling with the right deal for HBO itself

Comment

Not going to happen.

They want their hands in it. Dana doesn't really play well with others even when he says different. So HBO is no go for them. Larkin is more experianced with cable sports, so he knows how to apply the grease when needed. He can give them a more controled feel up.

Plus they fight in a ring. A factor Aestetically pleasing to the older members of the sports division.

Comment

Working...
                X