No announcement yet.

Dempsey's 3 knuckle punch vs. the 2 knuckle punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempsey's 3 knuckle punch vs. the 2 knuckle punch

What's up...I've been reading Dempsey's "Championship Fighting" book. In it he talks about how using the 3 knuckle punch is better than using the 2 knuckle. I just thought I would ask for some thoughts and opinions regarding this subject...

I love the 2 knuckle to death. Breaking my hand is the #1 concern I have in a fight.

Getting knocked out, you can protect yourself from that. Breaking your hand, youre hitting a man really ****ing hard and if its just a bit off youre done in for months.

3 knuckles is swell for the power line, but people are moving and you can get that pinky bone ****ed so easily.

That being said, with my right I need to use the power line 3 knuckle, my middle knuckle is ****ed and balloons to double its size in swelling every time I'm training. 2 knuckle is just hard on it.

In the end, boxing gloves 3 knuckle is the way to go, if youre using anything else (MMA gloves or just wraps) use the 2, or you'll be sorry.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense, everyone that I've heard that uses the 2 knuckle is usually an MMA fighter (ie Chuck Liddell).

I had been using the two knuckle when training (boxing) until my left hand middle finger started to swell a little and hurt really ****ing bad. I gave it 2 weeks rest and then today I trained using the 3 knuckle and it seemed to work well with no pain.

Comment

Originally posted by GEMS View Post
        Yeah that makes sense, everyone that I've heard that uses the 2 knuckle is usually an MMA fighter (ie Chuck Liddell).

I had been using the two knuckle when training (boxing) until my left hand middle finger started to swell a little and hurt really ****ing bad. I gave it 2 weeks rest and then today I trained using the 3 knuckle and it seemed to work well with no pain.
        Bas Rutten made it really popular.

People dont realize how small the sport was in the 90's. One guy comes up with a new technique and it spreads pretty fast.

Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka, for instance, came up with the TK guard, as opposed to the regular guard used in BJJ. Now you can guard with body triangles and the butterfly guard, but the TK guard was a big leap in technique at the time.

He is the only man to beat Fedor, for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolf View Post

People dont realize how small the sport was in the 90's. One guy comes up with a new technique and it spreads pretty fast.

Tsuyoshi "TK" Kohsaka, for instance, came up with the TK guard, as opposed to the regular guard used in BJJ. Now you can guard with body triangles and the butterfly guard, but the TK guard was a big leap in technique at the time.

by tko du to cut wasnt it?

Comment

i dont get it?

Comment

Originally posted by azza View Post
              i dont get it?
              what is it that you dont understand?

Comment

Originally posted by leff View Post
                by tko du to cut wasnt it?
                Yes, it was a very fast cut.

TK was top of his game at that time, but would have been creamed by a novice Fedor regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWolf View Post

By technicality, for the record.

Comment

Working...
                  X