No announcement yet.

Stiff back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stiff back

My back gets pretty stiff during training.
    My friend has suggested that when i loose my gut it will go away. I was wondering what others have done to cope with a stiff back during workouts, or what they have done to strengthen it.

Originally posted by Famoso Matador View Post
    My back gets pretty stiff during training.
    My friend has suggested that when i loose my gut it will go away. I was wondering what others have done to cope with a stiff back during workouts, or what they have done to strengthen it.
    personally, imo, i think keeping the back healthy is one of the MOST important thing for fighters to do. i ALWAYS stretch my back before and after i workout and make sure i get a chick to massage me after the gym (at least 3 times a week, 5 if i'm lucky lol). also, sleeping on a good bed is important. i sleep on one of those tempurpedic memory foam things and the thing is the bomb, it keeps all ur muscles and joints as relaxed as possible when u sleep, and u wake up with NO stiffness. good nutrition also helps obviously. if u havin major back problems tho, see ur doc. hope that helped.

Comment

I have back issues from a car accident, and getting my ass kicked in wrestling for years....

I had it to the point where it was pretty bad...

Speedkillz has it right. STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH. I have not had an issue since i started daily morning stretching routine that takes me a little less then 10 minutes, and feel better than before.

Stretching is the #1 thing you can do to prevent and treat injury imo.... Start the day with one, then before and after training. If no training, than end the day with a stretch...

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
        personally, imo, i think keeping the back healthy is one of the MOST important thing for fighters to do. i ALWAYS stretch my back before and after i workout and make sure i get a chick to massage me after the gym (at least 3 times a week, 5 if i'm lucky lol). also, sleeping on a good bed is important. i sleep on one of those tempurpedic memory foam things and the thing is the bomb, it keeps all ur muscles and joints as relaxed as possible when u sleep, and u wake up with NO stiffness. good nutrition also helps obviously. if u havin major back problems tho, see ur doc. hope that helped.
        must be nice to have that. I sleep on a futon lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
          must be nice to have that. I sleep on a futon lol.
          I busted out laffin....blow up bed here!! and when I wake up inda middle of the night a have to put more air init....slow leak...

Comment

Working...
          X