No announcement yet.

Is Dana White good for UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dana White good for UFC?

We all know he made UFC what it is today, and he did the right thing with Couture at the conference but what do ya guys think? is he bad like Don King? or is he still the man that made UFC Prime time?

Originally posted by 2swell k-wells View Post
    We all know he made UFC what it is today, and he did the right thing with Couture at the conference but what do ya guys think? is he bad like Don King? or is he still the man that made UFC Prime time?
    Comparing Dana White to Don King, is like comparing Mel Gibson to Adolf Hitler. Though there may be some vague similarities in their practices, but they are nothing alike.

Don King, had Tyson hire all of his family at a mind boggling salary a year, to do nothing.

Dana White, to my knowledge, has absolutely no family being given salaries by any of his fighters.

Don King, fixed fights,.... many times.

Dana White, has never fixed a fight. Nor has he tried to. The fact that all of the fighters' that he invested big money into promoting, have been dismantled; supports the fact that Dana White does not fix fights. Either that, or he is the worst person in history at fixing fights.

Don King had Tyson create a joint account with him that had all of Tyson's assets in it. Something he couldn't do when Tyson's wife was around. Then Don King used his control as arbitrator and beneficiary to seize total control of Tyson's estate and all of his worldly possessions including his bank accounts. The only thing King left for Tyson was his SUV, but that was only for Tyson to drive himself off of Don King's newly acquired property.

Dana White has never financially raped any fighter. Period.

Dana White is doing just fine. The UFC is still just beginning to grow, and as of right now, Dana White is still the man for the job.
    Last edited by FluugMacMan; 11-03-2007, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Dana White has made UFC what it is today...started out a little primitive but it has evolved into a decent sport to watch. He definitely isn't the most articulate person I've seen and he needs to pay his fighters more (even the top dogs only make less then 100,000 a fight, but he is a decently honest and respectable dude.

My prediction: UFC will slowly dwindle in popularity if the wrestlers continue to dominate it.

Comment

White's time to cede control or at least take on a presidential role and have a number of people help run the company has not come yet.

But it will...

Comment

Originally posted by FluugMacMan View Post
          Comparing Dana White to Don King, is like comparing Mel Gibson to Adolf Hitler. Though there may be some vague similarities in their practices, but they are nothing alike.
          lol hey Mel was drunk, he didn't know what he was saying.

Comment

Looking at the money UFC makes and the reported fighter salaries. . .it looks like the difference is:

Don King robbed his fighters AFTER he paid them.

Dana White robs them BEFORE.

Comment

He's a a no-nonsense business man, but his etiquette could use some improvments. The guy's not very professional in my opinion when giving interviews. His tone of language is questionable.

Comment

I think Dana White is very unprofessional, all he says is **** this, **** that, mother****er. I don't mind a few F-Bombs, but he speaks like he is straight from a trailer park, the guy dosen't have a very high IQ. Other than that I like the fact that he bought Pride and makes great fights for the fans.

Comment

Dana is better compared to Vince McMahon than Don King...

Comment

Originally posted by Palma View Post
                    He's a a no-nonsense business man, but his etiquette could use some improvments. The guy's not very professional in my opinion when giving interviews. His tone of language is questionable.
                    I agree.

Comment

Working...
                    X