Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Matt Hughes and Dan Henderson were in the same weight class who'd win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Matt Hughes and Dan Henderson were in the same weight class who'd win?

Lets say both fighters were in their primes and both fought in the same weight division, who do you guys think would win?

Hmm, the one sure advantage Hughes would have over Hendo is the strength department, and Henderson would definitely have the advantage when it comes to punching power. As far as the other categories are concerned ie ground skills, heart, chin, etc... I don't know. How do you guys see it

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
    Lets say both fighters were in their primes and both fought in the same weight division, who do you guys think would win?

Hmm, the one sure advantage Hughes would have over Hendo is the strength department, and Henderson would definitely have the advantage when it comes to punching power. As far as the other categories are concerned ie ground skills, heart, chin, etc... I don't know. How do you guys see it
    I'm not so sure about the point that Hughes has better strength.. you don't get to be a 2x olympian in Greco without massive strength.

And Hendo is better, on the feet and the ground imo.

Comment

Originally posted by baserocks View Post
      I'm not so sure about the point that Hughes has better strength.. you don't get to be a 2x olympian in Greco without massive strength.

And Hendo is better, on the feet and the ground imo.
      I see where you are coming from regarding Hendo's strength, but Hendo doesn't have the same reputation that Hughes has had. Matt is/was considered the Rampage of his weightclass as he was known for his brute strength and has made a career out of slamming opponents just as Rampage has. P4P Hughes is the stronger fighter compared to Henderson.

Comment

Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
        I see where you are coming from regarding Hendo's strength, but Hendo doesn't have the same reputation that Hughes has had. Matt is/was considered the Rampage of his weightclass as he was known for his brute strength and has made a career out of slamming opponents just as Rampage has. P4P Hughes is the stronger fighter compared to Henderson.
        Yeah I know what you mean, I just don't feel he'd be able to manhandle Hendo (in the hypothetical case they were in the same weightclass). Interesting fantassy match though.

Comment

Matt Hughes has the better JJ, so if he takes Hendo down(which he would) then he'd have the advantage.

Comment

Henderson wins cause he has better stand up and a far superior wrestler than Huges

Comment

P4P, I’d probably go Hughes, smarter and I do believe he’d be able to take Hendo down and control him on the mat.

Comment

I doubt that Hughes would takedown Hendo and control him on the ground, at least not consistently. Wrestlers live and die by the takedown, and Hendo is one of the very best wrestlers in MMA, ever. And thats saying a lot.

Comment

Working...
                X