No announcement yet.

Do you read books?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you read books?

do you actully read as you should be reading?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=78964

Comment

This is the adult lounge. If you don't read you probably shouldn't be posting in this lounge.

Comment

explain more it how regular do you read a book and do you think you read enough?

I am not taking about something you have to read to but wanna read it

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
          explain more it how regular do you read a book and do you think you read enough?

I am not taking about something you have to read to but wanna read it
          in the recommend me a book thread, it shows books that people are reading because they want to read. but to answer your question, i read constantly. i LOVE to read.

Comment

Originally posted by * Feisty Wench View Post
            in the recommend me a book thread, it shows books that people are reading because they want to read. but to answer your question, i read constantly. i LOVE to read.
            I notice many of the successful people are book worms.

my cousin read books alot and she came out of Highschool like on of the top studnet in the country

another guy who used to read daily, his mother is libarian at the school. Most of the test he used to score 100%. In the SAT the guy who cheated from him got a mark that was enough for him to enter Harvard the cheator was like 1400. He entered MIT and got excluded one semester. all because he was reading.

There was an arabic scholar who was smart and wrote many book, He is called al-Jahat, which mean someone with twisted eyes. that is because he reads alot

Comment

I read a ton and generally have two or three books going on at the same time, and for different purposes, whether it be for nothing but enjoyment (like the 'Sea of Swords' Salvatore book I'm currently reading...I have his whole series on these characters with a few more books to go), dealing with a special interest (I'm currently re-reading Plimpton's 'Shadow Box), or something a little more serious that may have to do with perspective look at life or something like that (my mother-in-law gave me some James Redfield books this weekend that I'll be starting shortly...I've read his 'Celestine Prophecy' before and these are off-shoots of that).

On average I probaly read 25 to 30 books a year, and that's not even mentioning all the reading I do when I look at the magazines, newspapers (old & new...I like to dig up those old boxing articles from a few really good on-line sources), or even stuff that's on the internet, like, well, threads, articles and other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                I read a ton and generally have two or three books going on at the same time, and for different purposes, whether it be for nothing but enjoyment (like the 'Sea of Swords' Salvatore book I'm currently reading...I have his whole series on these characters with a few more books to go), dealing with a special interest (I'm currently re-reading Plimpton's 'Shadow Box), or something a little more serious that may have to do with perspective look at life or something like that (my mother-in-law gave me some James Redfield books this weekend that I'll be starting shortly...I've read his 'Celestine Prophecy' before and these are off-shoots of that).

On average I probaly read 25 to 30 books a year, and that's not even mentioning all the reading I do when I look at the magazines, newspapers (old & new...I like to dig up those old boxing articles from a few really good on-line sources), or even stuff that's on the internet, like, well, threads, articles and other stuff.

you are pretty good

it looks like you work in a good place too with all the reading there.

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                  you are pretty good

it looks like you work in a good place too with all the reading there.
                  Well, I actually still have a labour-type job, EM, but it's my own small business that I have going so I do have a bit of freedom to take time off when it's neccessary (like currently, as I've limited myself only to the estimations part of the job in recent weeks).

I think I get so much reading done for the simply fact that, with the rare exceptions, I'm not really a big movie or television fan and generally don't watch the boob tube all that much in my spare/down time.

Comment

Originally posted by Yogi View Post
                    Well, I actually still have a labour-type job, EM, but it's my own small business that I have going so I do have a bit of freedom to take time off when it's neccessary (like currently, as I've limited myself only to the estimations part of the job in recent weeks).

I think I get so much reading done for the simply fact that, with the rare exceptions, I'm not really a big movie or television fan and generally don't watch the boob tube all that much in my spare/down time.
                    it will grow you business just needs abit of patience and you are smart enough to do it

Comment

Working...
                    X