No announcement yet.

couple of basic questions about diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• couple of basic questions about diet

hi, im kinda new to boxing and im new to these fourms so the stuff im goin to say mite not all be based on training and diet.

im 15 years old about 5,10 and weigh 73kg/ 160lbs/ 11,6 stone. im quite well built even tho i neva work out or do much proper sport apart from boxin.

i was wounderin because im not skinny and quite muscly for my age i was woundering if i should do weights or just do the workout that i do at boxing because usally after i go boxing i am nakered. im training at the same place as clinton woods trained so its not some crappy gym.

i was also woundering qot sort if diet i shud be having ? i try and eat as much protien and carbs as i can but i dont really know wot food contains alot of them nutrients. so could u name some foods that are high in protien/carb.

thanks for the help if any1 reply's

Sure you can do weights, just not heavy.

At this age you should work on your technique, because its very difficult to put on muscle before your 20s. Or rather its much easier to do after 20 then it is at say 16.

Once you get older then you can hit heavier weights, having established good technique whilst young.

Have 3 good full meals a day. Like pasta and chicken, rice and fish, all meals with some salad.

Dont get **** about "chicken but only breast", "eggs but only whites", unless you are hardcore going for Mr. Universe there is no need to get all crazy about 10 or 20 extra calories in your meal.

However that is my view, there are millions of people with millions of opinions. Ive stuck to my view and am in much better shape then some guys who were more conserned about eating then actually working out.

I work out, play basketball/soccer, I eat a lot and Im great shape.

Comment

yeah thanks for the help, thats just the sort of answer i was lookin for

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
        Sure you can do weights, just not heavy.

At this age you should work on your technique, because its very difficult to put on muscle before your 20s. Or rather its much easier to do after 20 then it is at say 16.

Once you get older then you can hit heavier weights, having established good technique whilst young.

Have 3 good full meals a day. Like pasta and chicken, rice and fish, all meals with some salad.

Dont get **** about "chicken but only breast", "eggs but only whites", unless you are hardcore going for Mr. Universe there is no need to get all crazy about 10 or 20 extra calories in your meal.

However that is my view, there are millions of people with millions of opinions. Ive stuck to my view and am in much better shape then some guys who were more conserned about eating then actually working out.

I work out, play basketball/soccer, I eat a lot and Im great shape.

You should have more than 3 meals per day otherwise your body burns off those calories really slowly because it knows its not going to be getting food for awhile. You should be eating small meals every 3 hours.

If he plans on boxing then being "****" about what part of chicken hes going to have is important their is WAY more of a difference in calories between a chicken breast and chicken wings.

Diet is very important to proper to getting proper gains. If you arent eating enough you will get tierd and lathargic and if your eating to much well obviously you'll gain weight. So with proper diet you will be able to work out harder and more intensly.

Comment

Working...
        X