No announcement yet.

Gym Hunting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Hunting

I live in the suburbs right outside of Philadelphia and I'm looking to start fighting. There is a gym near me and I'm going there tommorow. What should I look for to decide if its a good gym? Also are there any important questions I should be asking? Thanks fellas.

Speedkillz should know he's from Philidelphia.

Comment

where in da burbs u live? bucks? montgomery?
      Last edited by SpeedKillz; 06-19-2007, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Montgomery. The gym I'm looking at is in Ardmore. I would go to a gym in the city but its way too far. I would have to take the train or bus every time I wanted to go to the gym. I think I have to settle for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bengidaro View Post
          Montgomery. The gym I'm looking at is in Ardmore. I would go to a gym in the city but its way too far. I would have to take the train or bus every time I wanted to go to the gym. I think I have to settle for this one.
          what town u live in man? if u can make it to ardmore u can make it to manayunk or the main line, which has some good gyms. lemme know what town u live in and how far ur willing to travel and i may recommend some gyms to u... peace

Comment

I live in Penn Valley. Which is abotu 1 mile from Ardmore. I live on the Main Line and I'm rigt near Manayunk. I would be willing to go pretty far if the gyms are good. It depends on where the gym is becuase I can get rides to some places too. If you could PM me some ideas or post em here that would really help. Thanks man.

Comment

Originally posted by bengidaro View Post
              I live in Penn Valley. Which is abotu 1 mile from Ardmore. I live on the Main Line and I'm rigt near Manayunk. I would be willing to go pretty far if the gyms are good. It depends on where the gym is becuase I can get rides to some places too. If you could PM me some ideas or post em here that would really help. Thanks man.
              well, since u said in ur other post u dont wanna go into the city the ones i can think of not in the city are...

bad ass gym in broomall
              ko boxing in berwyn
              spivak? boxing in narberth
              main line boxing in narberth (real nice)
              upper darby firehouse (where b-hop sometimes trains)

those are the ones i know off the top of my head that local. obviously there's ALOT in philly, so i would look into gettin into one of those if u can, if not those are some good ones i personally been to. check the internet too i'm sure theres alot more i'm missin. hope this helps.

Comment

I'll check these out and if none work I might have to go to Philly. But Speedkillz thanks man you're a life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                  well, since u said in ur other post u dont wanna go into the city the ones i can think of not in the city are...

bad ass gym in broomall
                  ko boxing in berwyn
                  spivak? boxing in narberth
                  main line boxing in narberth (real nice)
                  upper darby firehouse (where b-hop sometimes trains)

those are the ones i know off the top of my head that local. obviously there's ALOT in philly, so i would look into gettin into one of those if u can, if not those are some good ones i personally been to. check the internet too i'm sure theres alot more i'm missin. hope this helps.

What do you think of Joe Frazier's gym?

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    What do you think of Joe Frazier's gym?
                    Joe Frazier's gym is good too. overrated i think plus joe is a raging alcoholic. it wouldnt be in my top 5 in the city though, but cant say its not a good gym with some good ass fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X