No announcement yet.

Want a 6 pack? My hard truth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a 6 pack? My hard truth

Ive been doing this ab workout since last Nov. However, i got A LOT stronger still dont have any "ABs". I have a very toned flat hard stomach. Yes I work out all parts of my body (workout out 3-4 times a week). Made good progress everywhere else.
    Im not sure of exact BF% but i know its low. Im 5"11 165. Eat right and do some cardio. Drink a ton of water. I never bought in to the idea abs are "Genetics" but im starting to think its true. The basic:

11 exercises–25 reps of each exercise in this order:

In and Outs (picture being in boat pose and moving your legs in and out)

Bicycle

Bicycle in reverse

Crunchy Frog- In and outs with your hands out at your sides bringing them in and wrapping your legs close to your chest

Fifer Scissors-lying on your back one leg hovering over the floor, one up and a 90degree angle both feet flexed and changing them scissor style

Hip Rock and Raise- reverse crunches

Pulse-ups/Heels to Heaven-Reverse crunches with straight legs

V-up roll ups-Similar to a teaser

Obliques V ups-side lying lifting legs and shoulder up at same time, kind of an oblique crunch ( Both sides)

Leg climbs-lying on back one leg bent, one leg extended rolling up to top

Mason twist-Oblique twists done VERY quickly with legs raised up off the floor

After I could complete this everytime, I would also add Max out sit ups then crunches.

After a few mounths I mixed it up with different Ab Work out that were more intense.

Hanging knee ups then side to side.
    Decline situps / Weighted Decline sit ups
    swiss ball sit ups
    Captains Chair.

However after all this no TRUE ab definition. Just a strong hard flat toned stomach.
    A friend at the gym is surprised b/c we done some of the same things, hes had better results. A few people at the gym said its prolly b/c ive been on creatine. Im not sure but i think im going to go off of it to give it a try.

Any one had the same problem? Or in the end is it just "Genetics"?

I think there's a diet for it w/ exercise not sure though i think thats what i read.

Comment

because you arent RUNNING..start running and you will definatley see some definition..

Comment

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
        because you arent RUNNING..start running and you will definatley see some definition..
        it has nothing to do with running or how much of it you are doing. You could do a million sit ups in a day but still not have a six pack if your body fat % isnt low enough. You need to decrease your calorie intake a bit to put u in a calorie deficit to lower your all round body fat % to get definition on your abs and entire body. People say running is the key to abs but it really isnt, its good because it burns alot of calories.

Strong Abs are built in the gym, good looking abs are built in the kitchen.
        you need to figure out your diet their bud

Comment

yeah i knew i read some**** like that.

Comment

Everyones got a six pack. You got fat covering up your cardio and adjust your diet. More importantly adjust your diet.

Comment

SOmetimes I wonder if it is genetics though. I mean ANYONE can get a six pack, but what im saying is that some people may require a lower body fat % to accomplish this due to having more fat stored on the abs vs other areas.

Reason I say this is because I have a six pack, and my friend has one that was REALLY defined. Mine is there, but it doesn't pop out at you like my friends although the area surrounding the sixpack looks much more cut up on me. One day in my weight training class I had a few semesters ago, the teacher was doing body fat % calculating so we gave it a try. Wasn't the most accurate way (using those pincher things) but she knows what shes doing. I scored a lower BF % than my friend, only be a tiny bit but still, his six pack is clearly more defined than mine. I compared ab workouts with him and I did far more work than he does.

One thing it might be though is that I do a few weighted ab workouts. Possibly when the muscles get bigger, they get closer together and therefor less defined? Kind of just the way the light shines off of it when looking at it, if the muscles are bigger and grow closer together, theres less gap and less shadow between the "packs"? Just thinking out loud.

Comment

I work like a animal.. thats how i got mine..

I'm Untamed I need a leash....

Comment

Originally posted by Hourglass View Post
                  just the way the light shines off of it when looking at it, if the muscles are bigger and grow closer together, theres less gap and less shadow between the "packs"? .
                  Do you think that maybe you're spending a little too much time worrying about you and your buddy's abs?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                    Ive been doing this ab workout since last Nov. However, i got A LOT stronger still dont have any "ABs". I have a very toned flat hard stomach. Yes I work out all parts of my body (workout out 3-4 times a week). Made good progress everywhere else.
                    Im not sure of exact BF% but i know its low. Im 5"11 165. Eat right and do some cardio. Drink a ton of water. I never bought in to the idea abs are "Genetics" but im starting to think its true. The basic:

11 exercises–25 reps of each exercise in this order:

In and Outs (picture being in boat pose and moving your legs in and out)

Bicycle

Bicycle in reverse

Crunchy Frog- In and outs with your hands out at your sides bringing them in and wrapping your legs close to your chest

Fifer Scissors-lying on your back one leg hovering over the floor, one up and a 90degree angle both feet flexed and changing them scissor style

Hip Rock and Raise- reverse crunches

Pulse-ups/Heels to Heaven-Reverse crunches with straight legs

V-up roll ups-Similar to a teaser

Obliques V ups-side lying lifting legs and shoulder up at same time, kind of an oblique crunch ( Both sides)

Leg climbs-lying on back one leg bent, one leg extended rolling up to top

Mason twist-Oblique twists done VERY quickly with legs raised up off the floor

After I could complete this everytime, I would also add Max out sit ups then crunches.

After a few mounths I mixed it up with different Ab Work out that were more intense.

Hanging knee ups then side to side.
                    Decline situps / Weighted Decline sit ups
                    swiss ball sit ups
                    Captains Chair.

However after all this no TRUE ab definition. Just a strong hard flat toned stomach.
                    A friend at the gym is surprised b/c we done some of the same things, hes had better results. A few people at the gym said its prolly b/c ive been on creatine. Im not sure but i think im going to go off of it to give it a try.

Any one had the same problem? Or in the end is it just "Genetics"?

It doesn't matter what your body looks like it matters what you can do with it. There are lots of bodybuilders, but few of them are great athletes.

Comment

Working...
                    X