No announcement yet.

The First Man to Beat Sugar Ray Robinson in the Amatuers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Man to Beat Sugar Ray Robinson in the Amatuers

Everyone says Sugar Ray Robinson was undefeated as an amatuer, but the truth is he lost one fight to a guy named Billy Estrada when he nocked him out in thirty seconds. Oh what a fight it was. So in other words, he was not really the greatest as you all call him. He was just a cocky loser who thought he was unbeatable. Billy was the toughest of the time and he was a street fighter who didn't take crap. Robinson was his easiest fight. As a matter of fact i remember reading something about Robinson getting thrown into a pile of mud during that match. That what he gets for being such a little ignorant fool.

I have never heard this guys name. He only had one loss as an amatuer I recall to Billy Graham (an accomplished amatuer fighter and decent pro) he was no streetfighter though.

Comment

He lost to Billy Graham at a young age.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
        He lost to Billy Graham at a young age.
        Graham was writen about as an Amatuer in several boxing boxs. No shame into losing to Graham. He was that good.

Comment

where did you got that information from? (to the thread starter)

Comment

Well when people start fighting amateur they're inexperienced and they can get beaten up. Even Ray Robinson. Who cares? Buddy Chacon got his ass wiped by five Alabama rednecks, so if RR lost to some thug it's no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
              Well when people start fighting amateur they're inexperienced and they can get beaten up. Even Ray Robinson. Who cares? Buddy Chacon got his ass wiped by five Alabama rednecks, so if RR lost to some thug it's no biggie.
              Actually 1 was from Georgia, Two from Florida to be far. Hardly a beatdown did I suffer, outslicked basically. The thread started is making that garbage up.

Comment

well, if he was defeated once as an amatuer, then how come all the sources say he had an 85-0 record, i never that he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by ceboxer15 View Post
                  well, if he was defeated once as an amatuer, then how come all the sources say he had an 85-0 record, i never that he lost.
                  He lost to Billy Graham and those sources are wrong and have recently surfaced. Years ago it was common knowledge Graham beat him, being his claim to fame. Graham was a great fight as an amatuer and was robbed against Gavilan as a pro. He only lost to Graham though. Graham retired with a record of 102-12-9 or something. He was never knocked down as a pro either.
                  Last edited by CletusVanDamme; 04-12-2007, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CletusVanDamme View Post
                    He lost to Billy Graham and those sources are wrong and have recently surfaced. Years ago it was common knowledge Graham beat him, being his claim to fame. Graham was a great fight as an amatuer and was robbed against Gavilan as a pro. He only lost to Graham though. Graham retired with a record of 102-12-9 or something. He was never knocked down as a pro either.
                    oh I see, so basically, Robinson had an 84-1 record? I never knew that.

Comment

Working...
                    X