No announcement yet.

Any Vegetarians here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Vegetarians here?

How do you get on? What foods do you eat for protein etc?

everything that dosn't have meat.

Comment

A girl I used to talk to is a vegetarian and she eats certain vitamins along with the usual foods.

Comment

I was a vegetarian for almost 6 years until just this last November. I ate a lot of beans, rice, some tofu, nuts, and seeds. My demeanor has certainly changes since i started eating meat again, very aggressive and short tempered. I think I need to go back veggie!

Comment

I was vegan for 10 years, and I've been an ordinary vegetarian (I eat dairy products now) for about 4 years now.

I had a bunch of fights as a vegan, of which I won the majority, so that certainly tells you it's possible. The reason I started eating dairy products, was the availability (or lack therof) of vegan proteins in this country. It was just too much of a hassle in my everyday life. It's a lot easier in the US and the UK though, where vegan products are abundant.

To be honest, I've actually considered trying out grass fed beef, just to see what kind of a difference it would make, if any.

When I was vegan, I mostly read that side of the story: How meat is bad for you, and soy is the ultimate health food, etc. Since then I've been reading a lot of "regular" nutrition science, and it seems soy is not really good for you at all. So I wouldn't recommend relying on that for protein...

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1512419

It's a strange world.... I NEVER thought I would tell somebody to maybe just keep eating meat... But you better think twice about why you'd want to be a vegetarian. Health might not be the best reason...

Comment

They say too much of anything is bad for you.

I heard soy can cause some kind of cancer (prob if you eat tonnes of it)

But too much red meat is bad aswell (toxins)

So is it a health thing why you were a vegan and are now a vegetarian, or a moral thing

Comment

Well, I bought into the whole package, so to speak... It's definitely only the moral thing that has kept me from going back, the past few years.

Comment

Soy raises estrogen. Saturataed fats in meats raise testosterome. Are you a man or woman?

If you're going veggie, limit your soy. Protein is easy to come by without meat; cheese, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, protein bars, protein powders, eggs, beans, and peanut butter. Why would you want to be a vegetarian anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
                  Well, I bought into the whole package, so to speak... It's definitely only the moral thing that has kept me from going back, the past few years.
                  Thats cool man I kind of had you pegged as some kind of a hard ass
                  Originally posted by dario View Post
                  Soy raises estrogen. Saturataed fats in meats raise testosterome. Are you a man or woman?

If you're going veggie, limit your soy. Protein is easy to come by without meat; cheese, milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, nuts, protein bars, protein powders, eggs, beans, and peanut butter. Why would you want to be a vegetarian anyways?

I was really just interested to see who was vegetarian and how they get along.

I have considered it though.

Comment

Originally posted by platinummatt! View Post
                    Thats cool man I kind of had you pegged as some kind of a hard ass
                    Hehe, I know many vegans and vegetarians who are hard asses. Being vegan takes a lot of discipline, and if you think about it, sacrificing your comfortable way of living for something you believe in, be it right or wrong, is a pretty hard thing to do. I think the boxers I train can attest to the fact that I run a tight ship

Comment

Working...
                    X