No announcement yet.

Hearns Best punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearns Best punch

Thomas Hearns Best punch, it wasnt against Pipino Cuevas, or the overhand right to the jaw had Roberto Duran hit the canvas face first, No, In my opinion, It happened on March 10, 1986 on the undercard of Hagler-Mugabi, James Shuler, a rising middleweight from philadelphia with a record of 22-0 (16KOs) the fight lasted 73 seconds, Hearns connected with a long, right cross delivered in a flash, shuler dropped instantly and lay motionless, I did saw that fight on several occassions. Trainer Emmanuel steward recalled it was one of the most devastating knockouts he ever seen, shuler has his hands still up when he got knockout.

On a Sad note, 10 days after the fight, shuler died in an auto accident near his home.

I see. Im pretty sure the KO is in this video. Might aswell tell us wich one it is(like the time in the video so we can check it out)

As you can see, Hearns had a lot of awesome knockouts that are unknown, but could be some of his best.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=woWSl5PBVAs

I agree that the Shuler fight may have been Hearns' best KO. Against Duran, Roberto was already in alot of trouble, had been down twice already and was ready to go when Tommy KO'd him. Shuler on the other hand was a bigger man than Duran and still fresh when Hearns starched him with one shot.
      Last edited by SABBATH; 02-16-2007, 09:55 AM.

Comment

duran was the most impressive IMO simply because duran was solid he was hardly ever even hurt until he faced hearns

it did take acouple of knockdowns to finish him because he was a champ.

he has shown shear anaesthetic properties against some people, where one of his rights put them into La La land

Comment

Duran was also Hearns biggest victory since the hands of stone has never ever been kayoed before until facing the hitman.

Comment

Tommy Hearns was one Bad Mother ****er!
            I agree his best punch was against Shuler but my fav Hearns KO was against Cuevas!

Comment

Working...
            X