Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dempsey was an animal vs Willard

Just watched this vid for the first time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_2pv...elated&search=

Willard was 6ft 6" and 240lbs but the way Dempsey laid into him is ****ing awesome - knocked him down 7 times in the first round (no standing eight count and no neutral corner at that time) and battered him in the next two, despite getting knocked outta the ring himself. You only have to see his face and you know you don't wanna mess with Dempsey - he looks like a serial killer!

Willard had unbelievable guts though - he got murdered with vicious punches, ended up with broken ribs, fractured jaw and cheekbone and blood everywhere but still didn't give in.

I think these old time boxers had far more courage than most guys nowdays.

Thanks for that Dempsey book post - I never knew anything about the guy until I looked him up and now he's one of my favs.

Dempsey is one of my all time favorite boxers, perhaps my absolute favorite. Just hearing the name Dempsey makes me want to throw down with someone. The guy was the personification of everything that interests me about boxing. Primal strength and instincts, individualism, and an incredibly strong will. Dempsey will always be at the top of the mountain to me.

Comment

'Definitely', I agree.

ESPN Classic is talking about him right now.

Comment

yeah im becoming more a fan of dempsey. getting up there with tyson. him and rocky marciano. guess its the size thing and the aggression

Comment

Kid aches favourite fighters are greb and dempsey, damn he knows how to find talent, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nelson da Cruz View Post
            Willard had unbelievable guts though - he got murdered with vicious punches, ended up with broken ribs, fractured jaw and cheekbone and blood everywhere but still didn't give in.

I think these old time boxers had far more courage than most guys nowdays.
            yeah most dont nowadays.....but back then even though he was getting the **** beat outta him, the crowd shouted and called willard a quitter after that..but now a fighter can quit on his stool and its not so frowned upon

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
              yeah most dont nowadays.....but back then even though he was getting the **** beat outta him, the crowd shouted and called willard a quitter after that..but now a fighter can quit on his stool and its not so frowned upon
              SLEAZYFELLOW!!!! Where ya been? The boxing scene classic has returned...............Rockin'

Comment

in and out of sa to austin, my woman is putting my balls on the chopping block recently, and i dont have regular access to the computer, i want at least 1000 damn post on here...taking me forever to get it

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                  in and out of sa to austin, my woman is putting my balls on the chopping block recently, and i dont have regular access to the computer, i want at least 1000 damn post on here...taking me forever to get it
                  well, its cool to have you sleazing up or threads again. Gotta love the sleazy fellow!..................Rockin'

Comment

and yes, Exige is still in need of that bottle................Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X