No announcement yet.

Kicks to the head.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicks to the head.

Guys, im not very tall, 5'9" and I am well built but not flexible, is trying to kick to the head even something I should strive for? Or should I just work on whats good, low kicks and good hands? Also if I do try to get my kicks higher what are some good techniques for it. Pointing my stable foot backwards and hip movement, but I still have trouble getting up there. Stretching drills?

I almost always kick to the legs. Back in my TKD days it was a bit diff. but now I do what works, Leg Kicks!

Comment

stretch and ****...even if the head kick isnt hard it gives you a phsycological (sp.?) edge.

if you learn to kick hard then you can knock people out...and thats a good bonus...

Comment

Flexibility and repitition. When you work on kicks just go as high as you can and it will improve with time. Stretch as often as possible, I was stiff as a board before I started training, I've already noticed a vast improvement in my flexibility.

Comment

ok think of it this way im 5'8 5'9 and i am fat as hell i can kick over my own hight easily you just have to practice. ITs my hardest strike.

Comment

I love it. I am 6'3" and I can kick someones head clear off their shoulders.

Comment

kick ur oppent in the head when he bends over
              stick to low kicks, if u kick up high u lose alot of power and open yourself up too much
              but definetley stretch out more it will not only benifit ur standup, but also ur gappling

Comment

Stretching defiantly.......Just remember form first. Power and speed will come with good form

Comment

Originally posted by Curly Howard
                  Stretching defiantly.......Just remember form first. Power and speed will come with good form
                  Words never truer

Comment

i agree, they can be very effective. but if you throw one at the wrong time you might get taken down.

Comment

Working...
                    X