By Per Ake Persson
Due to illness, Ovill McKenzie (25-12-1) is out from his scheduled fight for the vacant EBU cruiserweight title - which was set to take place on June 10 in London against Ukrainian Dmytro Kucher (23-1-1).
However, the show will go ahead with Welsh veteran and former WBO cruiserweight king Enzo Maccarinelli (41-7) stepping in to take on Kucher.
Maccarinelli has in recent years campaigned as a light heavyweight and is rated # 2 by the EBU at 175 but weighed in as a cruiser when he took out Roy Jones, Jr, late last year in Russia. Maccarinelli scored a brutal knockout of Jones in the fourth round.
Maccarinelly vs Kucher has not yet been officially announced by Frank Warren and Queensberry Promotions - but it has been confirmed by the EBU.
IN OTHER NEWS BY SHAWN SMITH - It's been a long time since Ontario, Canada was home to a boxing world champion, but Brandon Cook is trying to change that.
After his scheduled defence of the WBA Intercontinental Super Welterweight title on May 14 against Davide Doria, United Promotions' Tyler Buxton says that Cook will be eyeing a showdown with Interim WBA World Super Welterweight champion Jack Culcay.
"I really think the Jack Culcay fight could be next," said Buxton. "If Culcay takes his optional, he can pick anyone in the top 10. There's only a few guys left for him to pick because of other scheduled fights and injuries.”
Cook is 16-0 as a professional and has defended his WBA Intercontinental Super Welterweight title once since defeating Gogi Knezevic for the vacant title in June of 2015.
Culcay defeated Maurice Weber via unanimous decision in May of 2015 to claim the interim WBA World Super Welterweight title. He has successful title defences against Dennis Hogan and Jean Carlos Prada.
While Buxton would love to have the title fight take place in Ontario, he's well aware that is unlikely to happen. "
"We'd have to travel for that one," Buxton said. "I don't see Sauerland (Culcay's promoter) wanting that fight in Canada."