DiBella: Peter Quillin is Facing Daniel Jacobs in The Fall
"I'm ready and excited to return to the ring on NBC on September 12," said Quillin. "I'm already deep into training camp and preparing to be in the best shape of my career. I know my opponent is dangerous and he's coming to make a name for himself. I'm at the top of my game and I plan to stay there."
"I'm excited for this fight. This sport is all about fighting the best and giving the fans what they want to see," said Zerafa. "This is a great opportunity and I'm looking forward to coming over there and putting on a show."
"It's a blessing to be the junior middleweight world champion," said Bundrage. "I want to thank my entire team for making this fight happen. I'm looking forward to my debut on PBC and successfully defending my second world title. Detroit is where the title is at, it's not going anywhere. I will be ready to give my supporters all around the world a great performance, in victory."
For Charlo this is a long-awaited title shot. He and his brother, Jermell, are both top prospects in the 154-pound division.
"This is my time, I've never been more ready for a fight," said Charlo. "I've dreamed about a fight like this for a long time and it's here in front of me. I will be spectacular and I will finish Cornelius Bundrage."
Tickets for the live event, which is promoted by DiBella Entertainment, are priced at $150, $85 and $45, not including applicable service charges and taxes and are on sale now. Tickets are available at www.ticketmaster.com and www.foxwoods.com or by visiting the Foxwoods' Box Office. To charge by phone call Ticketmaster at (800) 745-3000.
"Peter Quillin is coming off the toughest fight of his career. We are looking forward to him getting back in the ring, in anticipation of the long-awaited showdown with Daniel Jacobs later this year," said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. "Young, hungry Michael Zerafa is looking to upset the apple cart. With no pressure and nothing to lose, he will try to throw a wrench into Kid Chocolate's lofty plans. Young Jermall Charlo looks to put his name on the 154-pound map by taking a world title from veteran champion and puncher Cornelius 'K9' Bundrage. We are thrilled to bring this PBC event to DiBella Entertainment's New England home, Foxwoods."
"For 23 years, Foxwoods has been the East Coast capital for the best in entertainment and sports, especially boxing, where we have been privileged to host hundreds of fights featuring the best fighters in the world," said Felix Rappaport, President and CEO Foxwoods Resort Casino. "On September 12, continuing in that rich tradition, The Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and Foxwoods will be honored to work with the best in the business, Lou DiBella and Premier Boxing Champions series, as they present a nationally televised afternoon of championship boxing live coast-to-coast on NBC."
Quillin returns to action on September 12 fresh off of a hard-fought draw against middleweight world champion Andy Lee looking to keep his undefeated record intact. He won a middleweight belt in 2012 with his star-making, six-knockdown performance against Hassan N'Dam in the first boxing card hosted at Barclays Center. Born in Chicago but fighting out of New York City, the 31-year-old went on to defend that title against strong contenders Fernando Guerrero, Gabriel Rosado and Lukas Konecny. Now, "Kid Chocolate" looks to show off his superstar skills on network television for the second time.
After turning pro at 18-years-old, Zerafa won the first 15 starts of his career while fighting out of his native Australia. At 23-years-old Zerafa will make his U.S. debut on September 12 when he comes to Connecticut to take on Quillin. He owns wins over previously unbeaten fighters Bruno Carvalho and Luke Sharp and is coming off of a fourth round TKO over Yodmongkol Singmanasak in March.
Bundrage's career has skyrocketed in recent years since a world title winning performance in 2010 over Cory Spinks. The Detroit-native went on defend the title against Sechew Powell and Spinks. He would lose the title in 2013 but quickly earned another shot against Carlos Molina, who he would defeat by unanimous decision to become a two-time world champion. He defends against the very hungry Charlo on September 12.
Highly regarded and undefeated,the 24-year-old Charlois primed for his first world title opportunity. He remained undefeated in 2014 with dominant victories over Hector Munoz, Norberto Gonzalez and Lenny Bottai and started 2015 by shutting out Michael Finney in March. Fighting out of Houston, Charlo will no doubt look to be impressive in his first PBC opportunity.
[QUOTE=SlySlickSmooth;15959527]Quillin really wasn't this hated till he dropped his title. Since Quillin has almost no fans left here on NSB, the mob mentality takes over.[/QUOTE] yes he dropped his belt and turned down 1.4 million dollars and then he tried…Comment by daggum on 08-12-2015
why aren't they fighting now? its time to take advantage of the momentum jacob's has from his star making performance against mora.Comment by SlySlickSmooth on 08-11-2015
[QUOTE=AgainstTheRopes;15959517]If Quillin fights Lee and Jacobs in the same year, why would people care so much if he fights a bum in his next fight? His resume would be comparable to GGG's for the year: a couple solid MWs and…Comment by AgainstTheRopes on 08-11-2015
If Quillin fights Lee and Jacobs in the same year, why would people care so much if he fights a bum in his next fight? His resume would be comparable to GGG's for the year: a couple solid MWs and…Comment by glenn mcrory on 08-11-2015
[QUOTE=geokis88;15959058]Dibella [B]promotes c level fighters[/B]. His greatest promotion was rocky 's rather in rocky balboa,,,,,,horrible[/QUOTE] So...just like Haymon basically.Post a Comment - View More User Comments (27)