By Mark Vester

David Haye told that South Wales Echo that he is not interested in a future bout with WBO cruiserweight champion Enzo Maccarinelli. Earlier in the year, Haye turned down a fight with Macca, telling the paper that Enzo was career move for him.

“Enzo is not even on my radar,” Haye said. “Enzo was no career move for me. It would have been a marking-time fight. The Mormeck fight was still my priority, so I didn’t want any rematch options getting in the way of that.”

Haye is predicting a knockout in three rounds when he meets WBA/WBC cruiserweight champion Jean-Marc Mormeck in Paris on September 2.

He says the bout with Mormeck will be his final at cruiserweight before moving back up to the heavyweight division.

Maccarinelli will return to action on November 3 at the Millennium Stadium, in the chief support to the super middleweight unification clash between Joe Calzaghe and Mikkel Kessler. Macca would like to face IBF champ Steve Cunningham on the show. 

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ boxingscene@hotmail.com