By Rhys Turrell, courtesy of The Daily Star
DAVID HAYE says he’ll hang up his gloves and RETIRE from boxing if he doesn’t dazzle in his rematch with Tony Bellew later this year.
Haye has already called time on his career once before but was tempted back to the ring.
He reportedly decided to stop fighting in 2011 after losing to Wladimir Klitschko.
But he didn't spend long away from the ring, returning to fight Dereck Chisora the following year in a grudge match at West Ham's Upton Park stadium.
Haye then had an extended time off as he nursed a series of injuries before making a comeback against Australian Mark de Mori in January 2016.
The 37-year-old then cruised past Arnold Gjergjaj in next bout before teeing up a clash with Liverpool puncher Bellew.
The Londoner is out for revenge against Bellew in their May 5 match at the 02 Arena after losing in the 11th round of their first fight last year.
Haye was the big favourite to win but a ruptured Achilles held him back, with his rival taking full advantage.
And Haye admits he could quit the sport if he doesn’t look the business in the ring - even if he wins the contest.
He said in the recent press conference: ”Even if I win, if I don't look how I believe I can, if I watch the video back and it's not the guy I believe can beat some of these champions, then that's it.
“I’ll be happy with the revenge and bow out gracefully and focus on other things.
"I am here to win and will leave it all on the line. When that bell rings my hear comes alive and I am working behind the scenes to make sure I am optimal.”
Haye is expecting Bellew to prove a tough opponent again.
He added: “One thing I know is Tony is going to be better second time around... and so will I. I have to be."