By Luke Madeira

Dale Coyne moved to 13-0 with a third-round stoppage over late replacement Julio Cesar at Bowlers Exibition Centre.

The win however was not the only thing Coyne wanted from the night, a scheduled bout with Matty Ryan for the central area title falling through, leaving ‘Canelo’ fighting without a title on the line in Manchester on Friday.

The victory never looked in doubt for Coyne from the outset, and a right hook landing to Cesar’s temple spelled the beginning of the end.

A barrage of punches later and referee Mark Lyson was forced to halt the contest.

Earlier on the card, Diego Costa outpointed Norbert Szekeres by 40 points to 37 in a four-round super-welterweight contest.

And Liverpool’s ex-WBA Super world title challenger at super-bantamweight, Jazza Dickens, dominated proceedings against Panama’s Barnie Arguellas before the visitor was halted on his feet after an accumulation of shots from Dickens, who won his first fight under his new training team of Derry Mathews, George Vaughan and Joe McNally.

Meanwhile, Stacey Copeland took less than a round to get rid of Dora Tollar.

The fight had been set for six rounds, but it was over before it really begun after the import, from Hungary, drastically failed to live up to expectations and the referee called time on the fight after a knockdown in the opener.

Copeland, from Hyde, retained her perfect record with the win and moved to 3-0.

Before that, however, but after some substandard entertainment, there was a third-round stoppage win for Craig Glover as he got rid of the vastly overmatched Florians Strupits.

The cruiserweight, 25, will be back in the ring next month when he is expected to feature on the April 21 return of Amir Khan, against Phil Lo Greco, at the ECHO Arena in Liverpool, as part of an Eddie Hearn- and Matchroom Boxing-promoted Sky Sports card.

But the Tony Bellew-managed man warmed up for his latest bout of TV exposure with a dominant, one-sided win over the Latvian-based Ukrainian after he bloodied his man and forced referee Jamie Kirkpatrick to call a halt to the action after two minutes and 37 seconds of the penultimate stanza.

Nick Ball outpointed Innocent Anyanwu by 40 points to 36 on referee Mark Lyson’s scorecard and Dean Laing stopped Michael Ciach with just a second remaining in the second round.

But there was disappointment for Brandon Daord and Denton Vassell as the pair failed to fight on the night due to unforeseen circumstances.