By Salvador Rodriguez
Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. is willing to explore the possibility of returning to action on September 13, which is the same day the Floyd Mayweather Jr. is expected to fight.
A few days ago on BoxingScene.com, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum discussed the possibility of staging an event at The Forum in Inglewood, California - on Mexican Independence Day weekend, and Chavez Jr. being tabbed for the card as the headliner.
Chavez Jr. and Arum were unable to reach a deal for a planned return on July 19th, and the Mexican star is open to reviewing a potential deal for September.
"I have not had any offers so far. I'm still waiting for the offer Bob Arum said he would send to me. As you know, I'll be ready, but I don't know anything about the new offer. I hope that we can reach an agreement."
Top Rank wanted Chavez to face WBA/IBO middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in July, but there is no confirmation as to the potential opponents for September.
"I just know that the fight would be on September 13, the same day that Floyd fights, but until we have an offer I don't not know," Chavez said.