By Miguel Rivera
Former world champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. said that if he does not receive a formal offer by next week, then he would rule out fighting with countryman Alfredo 'Perro' Angulo on date in the last week of January 2018, as he mentioned a few days ago.
Chavez said he is already training to return to the ring for the first time since his wide points defeat at the hands of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.
According to Chavez Jr, there is no issue with facing Angulo - but claims that his lawyer Guadalupe Valencia and manager Al Haymon have not presented him the contract and he has nothing in writing with respect to the financial figures for the fight.
For the moment, Angulo has been pressing Chávez Jr. to say yes to the fight but Junior says he can't say yes to something without knowing when he will fight, where he will fight and how much he will make for the fight.
"I'm training, ready to fight, working. Angulo is saying things, but they have not told me anything, they have me in uncertainty," Chavez Jr. said in a tone of annoyance to ESPN Deportes.
"If they do not give me an official notice by the following week then I will decline that fight. The lawyer Guadalupe Valencia thinks that I'm going to fall into the trap of fighting without seeing the offer, but it will not be like that."
"I hope to meet with Al Haymon, and he will just tell me what it is. At first everything was fine and now the lawyer does not want to give me numbers as he did before, and if I do not know what everything is then I will not fight."
The fight is supposed to have been scheduled for January 26 in California, but negotiations now seem to be in the air.