By Miguel Rivera
Former IBF junior middleweight champion Carlos Molina is moving down to the welterweight division. Molina will finally see action on August 15 in Montreal against Hector Munoz, in what is going to be at 150-pounds as the Mexican fighter works his way down in weight. Former super middleweight champion Lucian Bute will headline the Montreal card.
Molina was deported last year to Mexico and the a legal remedy is being worked out to allow him to fight once again in the United States.
Molina (22-6-2, 6 KO) says Erislandy Lara will not give him a rematch and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has refused to face him, so he plans to hunt after big fights at 147 against the likes of Amir Khan, Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia, Adrien Broner and Shawn Porter.
"This fight with Hector Munoz will be at 150 pounds, but I will go to 147 after this fight. I need to be more active, we were given the opportunity going to Canada and we are happy about it," Molina told ESPN Deportes.
"I know at 147 pounds there are good opportunities. This is my plan and we are happy because we know that there will be a lot of activity for me in the coming months."