Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is predicting a very stiff punishment for heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller - who is one again involved in a drug testing controversy.
Miller had tested positive for a banned substance in 2014 and was hit with a nine month ban from the California State Athletic Commission.
Then last year, Miller tested positive for GW1516, HGH and EPO - which forced his removal from a planned June fight with WBO, IBO, IBF, WBA world champion Anthony Joshua.
Earlier this year, Miller was signed to a co-promotional deal with Top Rank.
He was scheduled to return to the ring this past Thursday in Las Vegas, but he was removed from the fight after it was revealed that he once again tested positive for the banned substance GW1516.
Arum expects the Nevada State Athletic Commission to either hit Miller with a multi-year ban or even ban him for life.
“I look at it this way, if a fighter takes performance enhancing drugs getting ready to participate in a fight, then I look at it as attempted murder. What happened in New York, he didn’t have a licence. He tested dirty and the fight was off," Arum told Talk Sport.
“When we went to the Nevada Commission to schedule him for a fight, we told the Nevada Commission, ‘look, if he had been licence in New York, they would’ve given him a one-year suspension. So let’s do it ourselves, keep him out for the year.’ They did [license him] and then he tested dirty again.
"Now it’s up to the commission to determine the penalty and I believe that it’ll either be multi-year or life. If he isn’t banned for life, then I believe it’ll be a multi-year suspension. And if you’re asking me if I’d continue my contract with him, the answer is - 'not in your life!' Jarrell Miller will never fight on a Top Rank card!”