Eddie Hearn, promoter of IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, has indicated that Kubrat Pulev appears to be leading the pack as the next opponent for his boxer.
This past Saturday night in Saudi Arabia, Joshua won a twelve round unanimous decision over Andy Ruiz to reclaim his four world titles.
But now Joshua has two mandatory obligations hanging over his head. Pulev is the mandatory under the IBF, and the WBO has ordered Joshua to face Oleksandr Usyk in 180 days.
Hearn will be on the horn with both sanctioning bodies on Monday.
He believes Pulev will likely be up first - and then Usyk will follow.
"It's going to have to be quite quickly, because obviously now the vultures will be out, as I would be. I don't blame them," Hearn told Sky Sports.
"I've got to speak to the IBF and the WBO and see who goes first. I think it sounds like it's the IBF, but we'll wait for confirmation of that. AJ will want to maintain the belts and if that's the case, I think it will be Pulev, and then Usyk.
"I think April or May, that's a realistic kind of date [for Joshua's next fight]."
Back in 2017, Joshua was scheduled to face Pulev - but the Bulgarian boxer withdrew with an injury.
An IBF rep had previously told Sky Sports that Pulev's opportunity would come first.
"Ours has to come first," an IBF statement said. "The organisations have agreed that the IBF mandatory would be next."
Top Rank, who co-promote Pulev, are also planning to push for their man to fight Joshua next - and they expect that scenario to happen.