icon Updated at 04:27 AM EDT, Tue Sep 22, 2015

Anthony Crolla Vows: I'll Leave No Doubt This Time!

Anthony Crolla is certain his fairytale story is alive and well as he prepares for a second crack at WBA world lightweight champion Darleys Perez.

Crolla returned from a life-threatening attack, in which he suffered a fractured skull while attempting to stop two men from breaking into his neighbour's home last year, to challenge champion Perez in July in his first fight since the incident.

However, the Mancunian was denied his dream comeback when he appeared to beat Perez in style, only to be denied by the judges who delivered a majority draw decision.

That controversial outcome resulted in the WBA ordering an immediate rematch and Crolla, 28, insists he will leave absolutely no doubt second time around when they meet again at the Manchester Arena on November 21.

Crolla (29-4-3, 11 knockout wins) said: "The dream is still alive. In fact, the decision last time has just added fuel to the fire.

"I've had a few people say 'will he be able to do it again and be up for it after what happened last time?' Well if I can't get up for a world title fight, a rematch, then I'm in the wrong sport.

"I won't be the first fighter to get a bad decision and I won't be the last.

"I'm expecting a better Darleys Perez and there's certainly going to be a better Anthony Crolla this time."

Crolla added: "It's changed on the street from being known as the boxer who got hit on the head with a concrete slab to the boxer who got robbed in a world title fight. I prefer that. But I've moved on and I'll leave no doubt this time around."

Perez, for his part, maintains his belief he did enough to keep his belt in July.

"I feel I won the fight, although Crolla is a good boxer and he did well on the night," he said.

"This time I will make sure everybody knows who the champion is. I'm happy to come back to Britain, although I didn't expect it to be so soon."