By Steve Kim
On June 11th from the Turning Stone Resort and Casino in Verona, New York, Ruslan Provodnikov makes his Showtime televised debut versus John Molina. Now the focus centers around the rest of the broadcast.
According to Artie Pelullo, the head of Banner Promotions, former WBO 154-pound titlist, Demetrius Andrade (22-0, 15KOs) could be the semi-main that night against Charles Hatley (26-1-1, 18KOs).
"We're trying to get the fight made, [Showtime Sports head] Stephen Espinoza has said we can put Hatley and Andrade in the co-feature on June 11th underneath Provodnikov and Molina and Don King has been unresponsive about making a deal," Pelullo told BoxingScene.com on Friday.
Andrade-Hatley would be part of the WBC tournament that was unveiled earlier this year. If no deal is struck between the two sides, Pelullo says - "We'll request a purse bid and whoever wins the bid puts the fight on. If we win the bid and they don't want to put the fight on, then hopefully the WBC will go down the list."
Willie Monroe Jr, who last year faced Gennady Golovkin for the middleweight title, is also a strong possibility to be added to this card.
"Right now, we're looking to put Willie on that same show and we're talking to Sergiy Derevyanchenko,'' said Pelullo. Monroe has not fought since last May 16th,when he was stopped by Golovkin in six, while Derevyanchenko stopped Mike Guy this past Tuesday night.
Steve Kim is the news editor for BoxingScene.com.