By Ruslan Chikov
Manager Bernd Boente told the Golzka paper that IBF/IBO/WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko will defend his titles on December 11. Klitschko returned on Saturday in Frankfurt, Germany and made an impressive defense of the titles by knocking out Samuel Peter in the tenth round.
Boente is negotiating with German television network RTL to stage Klitschko's next fight on the previously mentioned the December date. RTL has set aside December 11. The opponent will be someone from the top ten.
Boente said several names will be considered but Olympic gold medal winner Alexander Povetkin will not be one of them. Povetkin was the original opponent for last Saturday's event before the Klitschko camp replaced him with Peter. The Russian fighter refused to sign a contract after the two camps took part in a mandatory IBF purse bid. It was the second time a Klitschko-Povetkin fight failed to take place.
Some of the names to be considered for December include Denis Boytsov, Tomasz Adamek, Jean Marc Mormeck, Odlanier Solis and David Tua. The opponent will depend on the fighter's schedule matching up for the date and the amount of money being demanded by the other side.