Advertisement
Advertisement

Willie Casey Counters Kid Galahad, Winner Take All Offer

By Phil D. Jay

Promoter Mick Hennessy's recent comment that Willie Casey had missed his chance to fight Kid Galahad has been met with a return offer from the former European super-bantamweight champion.

Hennessy told media at the Fury v Rogan press conference recently that Casey had lost his chance to fight the 22 year-old after turning down a proposed contest for last month. Jason Booth took the fight in Casey's place, losing on points, but the Irishman has hit back at Hennessy with a €20,000 offer of his own and hopes to re-ignite a challenge against the now WBC International champion.

“I was to fight him and he got injured, then there was further talk but nothing materialised,” Casey told World Boxing News.

“My promoter made the offer tonight. I don’t care where I fight him. I'll go to his back yard if required.

“I’m ready for Kid Galahad and hopefully they will accept the 20,000 Euro offer and we can do it winner-take-all,” he added.

Casey, 30, has come back with two impressive stoppages since losing his only world title shot against the Cuban superstar Guillermo Rigondeaux and a victory over Galahad would put the Limerick man in title contention once again.

Phil D. Jay covers boxing for worldboxingnews.net

Tags: Willie Casey image  
User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by knockoutkid on 03-10-2012

Caseys a stiff, he cant move his feet, he pulled out the fight, he is made for that Gallahad kid.

Comment by any craic lad? on 03-10-2012

Decent fight hope it comes off

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (2)
Top Headlines Smith Backs Froch: Kovalev is Best Pound For Pound Fighter! Amir Khan Says Land For Boxing Academy is Now in Dispute Team USA: Olympic Postmortem De La Hoya on Canelo-GGG: We Can't Afford To Wait Beyond 2017 Chocolatito: Cuadras Talks A lot, But I'll Prove it in The Ring! Golovkin: No Big Fights at 168, I Make 160 Easy - I'm Not Big 160 Juanma: Business Opportunity Made Me Return, Not Vazquez Morrison, Golub, Baranchyk, Peterkin Head To 9/23 ShoBox Robert Guerrero: I'm Ready For a World Title Shot Right Now! Photos: Gennady Golovkin, Roman Gonzalez Big Bear Media Day Saunders Still a Possibility for Canelo, Golden Boy Focused on Smith Jon Fernandez, Jose Roman Ink Pacts With Lou DiBella De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Will Fight Golovkin When Ready! Jarrell Miller's Promoter: He's Ready For Any World Champion Canelo: Margarito Fight Will NEVER Happen, He Should Retire Ramiro Carrillo, Achour Esho Return on October 1, UIC Pavilion Joshuanthony Ortiz, Edgardo Laboy Ink Pacts With Miguel Cotto Canelo Admits Move To 160 is Likely Next For His Career Mason Menard Puts a Target on The Back of Terry Flanagan Anthony Joshua-David Price Ruled Out For The Fall By Hearn James Kirkland Arrested Over Child Support Beef Photos: Anthony Crolla, Jorge Linares Go Face To Face Photos: Glowacki, Usyk - Go Face To Face at Open Workouts Jessie Vargas: "On November 5th I Will Shut The Critics Up!" Daniel Jacobs: Brook Just Too Small To Survive Against Golovkin Golovkin Laughs at Froch, Eubank: Those Clowns Won't Fight Me! J'Leon Love Will Face Dashon Johnson on September 16 Marlon Tapales vs. Paul Butler in The Works For The Fall De La Hoya: Canelo-Smith Will Have Up To 60,000 Fans at Venue! Frampton: The UK Has 14 World Champions - Not All Are Legit! Gerard Carroll To Fight Twice In Eight Days De La Hoya: Canelo-Golovkin Won't Take 6 Years, But Not Now Daniel Geale vs. Renold Quinlan, Vacant IBO 168 Belt on 10/14 Tom Brown Reflects on The Lost Art of Building a Fighter Amir Khan Plans To Fight in January, May and December Caleb Plant Dominates De Angel in PBC on FS1 Main Event Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Hirotsugu Yamamoto Card Coming Together Canelo-Smith on Pace To Outdo Pacquiao, Says Golden Boy VP Video: Abel Sanchez on Brook, Andre Ward, 160 Landscape Video: Loeffler Talks Brook-Golovkin, Jacobs, Carl Froch, More
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement