|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Lose Weight and Feel Great
Many people search for a pill, a special diet or some other quick fix to lose weight. The key to weight loss and good health is changing bad habits and developing a healthy lifestyle. If those new diets are not helping you, here are some tips that will.
1. Mistake number one is skipping meals in an effort lose weight. When you starve yourself your body reacts by holding on to fat. Also, when you do eat you are hungrier and are more likely to eat foods that are high in fat and calories. Skipping meals during the day will lead to eating later which will give you less time to burn off those calories.
2. Eat more often and smaller portions during the day. Plan your meals and choose foods that are good for you. Cut and slice fruits and vegetables and store them in your fridge along with other snacks like yogurt, cheese, nuts etc.
3. Stay away from junk food. Free your cupboards from foods high in calories and fat so you won't be tempted.
4. Stay away from "new" diets. Most of them are unhealthy and if they do work it is only for a short period of time. No matter what people tell you there are no quick fixes to losing weight, it takes time and determination. Get started by choosing a healthy eating plan like Canada's Food Guide. http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/hpfb-dgpsa/onpp-bppn/food_guide_rainbow_e.html
5. Get to know your foods and what they contain. You may be eating foods that you think are good for you but are giving you added calories.
6. Changing your eating habits is only half the battle. If you want to be slimmer and healthier you will need to exercise. Losing weight means taking in fewer calories than you need. It will be easier to reach your desired weight fit exercise into your life. Find an activity that you like and do it.
7. Log your workout schedule and reward yourself for sticking to your goals. Once you have adopted a healthy lifestyle you will become stronger and will be more motivated to stay on track.
Sheila Dicks is an Image and Wardrobe consultant who teaches women how to dress to suit their body type and look slimmer. You can visit her at http://www.sheilasfashionsense.com to download her ebook 'Image Makeovers' and get'How to Build a Wardrobe' free.
Dallas Cowboys DE Jeremy Mincey credits weight loss of 25 to 30 pounds this ... - Dallas Morning News (blog)
Be Aware Of Your Reasons
You have decided that you want to lose weight and improve your health. What is the first step? Start by asking yourself what your reason(s)is for wanting to make this change.
Conquer Those Carbohydrate Cravings
Are you a hopeless carbohydrate addict? Let's conquer these cravings once and for all?..
The Neuro-Science Of Losing The Weight You Hate
Are you one of the 90 million Americans who are currently on a diet? Do you lose weight only to gain every ounce of it back? Well you're not alone.The national center for health statistics suggests that over 64 % of Americans are overweight and that figure is growing every year.
Pediatric Obesity: A Look at the Epidemic
Obesity in America is at an epidemic level. It is a global issue and the statistics only prove that it continues to rise.
Dieting? Upgrading Your Non-Conscious - Part 1
Visualizing and Declarations are today's topics.Visualize what you want as if now is how to create everything.
5 Surefire Ways to Weight Management
You have finally decided to tackle weight management and lose that pesky weight but you still don't know where to start. Sometimes it is tougher to get started than to keep going! Before you do, there are a few things to think about first.
How You Can Chew to Lose Weight
There Is A Right Way to Chew!Chewing your food is the beginning of the whole digestion process. By chewing food, your mouth produces saliva which helps break it down.
Causes of Childhood Obesity
Obesity is defined as an excessive accumulation of body fat. Obesity is present when total body weight is more than 25 percent fat in boys and more than 32 percent fat in girls.
If Youre Eating High Protein Be Informed about Mad Cow
Finding Mad Cow in Oregon puts a new wrinkle in the high protein diet, doesn't it? What's a person to do that wants to eat more meat, not less? Are you Eating Less Meat Due to Mad Cow Disease? Not the people I've spoken with. Most are saying, "Yipee, beef's on sale!" The food industry has done a great job of convincing us they are providing a safe food supply and we've been lulled into a false sense of security.
Can Water Really Help You Lose Weight?
I believe that water not only helps with weight loss, but is also one of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to lose weight. Here are just some of the reasons why everyone should be drinking at least eight glasses of water day.
Diet Plans for a Low Carb Diet
One of the most popular diets is the low carb one. But because of its popularity the number of diet plans is growing, and growing and growing.
What You Need to Know Before Starting a Low Carb Diet
In the last 12 months or so, low carbohydrate diets have captured the hearts and weight loss hopes of the American public. And why not? These diets promise quick weight loss and the ability to keep eating fatty foods.
Medical Conditions That Inhibit Weight Loss
Weight loss can be a difficult goal to achieve. Some inhibitors include poor planning, low motivation, and lack of knowledge.
Healthy Supplements Make Diet Pills Obsolete!
Diet PillsTaking diet pills is definitely not an effective weight loss strategy, because as soon as you stop taking them, all the weight you lost will return with a vengeance, because..
Natural Weight Loss: Add to Your Diet and Add Years to Your Life
As I was saying in my past articles, others have added years back to there life with a few added ingredients. They also added energy and youth.
Low-Carb Diets: Are You Losing More than Weight?
The average American eats about twice as much protein than what they require. Some people, in the pursuit of thinness, are going on low-carb diets and are eating up to four times the protein their body needs.
Weight Loss Information -- Setting Effective Goals
Weight loss information is often confusing and misleading. The more specific we are in discussing weight loss information the better it is for everyone.
Lose Fats - Gain Confidence when You Lose Weight
"How do I lose 5 kg or 30 kg?""How do I gain some muscles and tone up sexily?"It is simple. Yes, you heard it right, it is simple.
Fat Loss Exercise Strategies
How many calories you consume has a big impact on fat loss or gain. If you eat more calories than your body is able to burn will result in weight gain.
Diet Tips - Common Sense Rules
We, as a society, are always trying to lose weight. Some of us are concerned about a lot of extra weight, and some of us are trying to lose that pesky unwanted ten to fifteen pounds.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.