|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Water - How Important Is It In Our Daily Diet And With Weight Loss?
The importance of drinking water is mentioned in almost every article on weight loss. It is a very important fact that we need to drink water whether we are dieting or not. It is water that assists with the dissolving and transporting of nutrients such as oxygen and minerals to the organs of the body.
I know many people will say YUK to water but drinking other fluids may hydrate your body but you will need to consider the extra calories and sugar in them if trying to lose weight. Also it maybe time to learn to like to drink water due to the health benefits water provides. If water is not your thing, try flavouring it with a slice of lemon or start with mixing half apple/orange or cranberry juice with water.
Here are 8 reasons to drink 8 x 250ml glasses of water per day.
1. We need water to avoid dehydration. Dehydration can have devastating effects on our health and has been linked to constipation, headaches, dizziness, leg cramps and more?
2. Water helps rid the body of waste, by flushing out toxins from the fat cells. This process can eliminate problems with constipation.
3. Water helps the kidneys to function properly. When insufficient water is drunk the kidneys cannot work properly and this has an effect on our liver. It is the livers job to convert stored fat to energy. If the liver needs to do some of the work that the kidneys should be doing, than the liver can not work as it should do to metabolize fat and therefore the fat is stored rather than broken down and used as energy.
4. Water aids in the burning of fat. To burn fat the fat cells need to first be free of excess water and toxins. One reason you may not be losing weight is your not drinking enough water so your body holds on to what water it gets for survival. Our metabolic rate is the rate in which we burn calories. Water is required for this process to function at its best. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits
5. Water suppresses the appetite naturally. When your stomach is full of water, you'll feel full sooner. If you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water and wait 10 minutes before eating something as you may just be thirsty. (However water should not be substituted for food, still eat your 3 meals per day and 2-3 healthy snacks per day)
6. Enough water helps reduce water retention. To get rid of excess water, one has to consume more water. This is because if not enough water is drunk the body goes into survival mode and stores water in extra-cellular spaces. This can show up as swollen feet, legs, hands.
7. Water helps maintain proper muscle tone by giving muscles their natural ability to contract more effectively. Muscle tone will prevent the sagging skin that usually follows weight loss.
8. Water does wonders for your skin it leaves you with a clear, glowing complexion as impurities have been washed out of your system.
Suggested ways to include water in your daily diet are:
? Have a glass of water at every meal time. Breakfast, Mid-morning, Lunch, Mid-afternoon, Supper.
? Keep a water bottle full at your desk or if you're at home on the kitchen counter and reach for it to sip from throughout the day.
? Take a bottle of water with you in the car to sip when waiting in traffic.
? Drink water prior and after exercise. Naturally if you are exercising more water will be required than the daily recommended.
Once you have reached your weight loss goal continue to feed your body with water on a daily basis.
Angela Emde, Wellness Coach assisting others take small steps to a healthier life. http://www.slim4summer.com
Top 15 Reasons to Avoid Low Carb Diets
Low carb (carbohydrate), high protein diets are the latest dieting craze. However, before you jump on the band wagon, you may want to consider a few things: 1.
A Before and After Look at Tummy Tucks
If you have a protruding abdomen, loose skin as a result of weight loss or childbirth, if despite your best efforts at diet and exercise, you just can't seem to tighten those abs, a tummy tuck may be a good option for you. What can you expect from a tummy tuck, before and after? The process will vary depending on the health of the patient and the type of procedure performed.
Plan Your Way to Weight Loss Success
Like millions of men and women, I started resolving to exercise more and lose the weight for good. Months later, I haven't been to the gym any more frequently than last time I resolved to lose weight and exercise.
5 Tips to Keep Your Mental Health in Shape as You Diet
Losing weight and going on a diet can be quite challenging! As someone who has lost over 50 pounds, I will share a bit of my "dieting wisdom" with you.1.
To Diet or not to Diet, That Should Be The Question!
Diet information is everywhere. In advertisements, on TV, in magazines; the bookstores are crammed with books on many different diet options - The South Beach Diet, The Atkins Diet, Weight Watchers, The Cabbage Soup Diet.
Weight Loss During Holidays: What to Do With Leftovers?
If I Want to Lose Weight, What Can I Do With Leftovers?Okay, tell me if you've ever done this: It's Monday late afternoon. You decided yesterday that starting today you were going to 1) eat right, and 2) start to get regular exercise, and 3) give up all your bad habits.
Do Low Carbohydrate Diets Lead to Weight Loss Success?
So your neighbor, office mate, best friend, whoever just lost 10 pounds in only two weeks following the latest in high protein low carbohydrate diets. And now you're thinking you should give it a go -- have even started the search for high protein low carbohydrate recipes?True, high protein low carb diets seem to be leading many people to weight loss success.
Lost Weight with Gastric Bypass? Hints for Great After Pictures
I clearly remember how much I loathed having my picture taken when I was morbidly obese. Actually, I didn't mind having the picture taken, it was seeing the picture of the sad fat lady that bothered me.
The Truth About Diet Myths
How do we know what we know? Often, our knowledge comes from through repetition and stories. In childhood, we call them fairy tales or bedtime stories.
Is There a New Fat Loss Miracle on the Horizon?
For the past several years one subject has been coming up quite often and has really started to be quite a hot topic. The subject is a fat known as CLA which stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
Food Intolerance and Low Carb Diets
Food intolerance is a pharmacological reaction to the consumption of certain foods. In many cases, food intolerance may appear to bethe side-effect of pharmacological drugs, but in fact, it is generally caused by the consumption of natural foods products, additives, or the combination of both.
Will The Real Fitness Hormone Please Stand Up!
New Medical Research shows high-intensity exercise can increase the body's natural production of the fitness hormone by 530%!When I completed the research phase for a health and fitness book in 2002, the bio-medical research was complete enough to draw hard conclusions about the type of fitness program that would make your body increase anti-aging, anti-MIDDLE-aging, and athletic performance improving HGH growth hormone - THE FITNESS HORMONE. However, the research didn't specifically test high-intensity sprints - until now!NEW LANDMARK RESEARCHIn a new study, researchers compared HGH growth hormone levels in several ways - resting (for a baseline measurement), after a 6 second cycle sprint, and after 30 second cycle sprint.
Dieting doesn't have to be a chore. Actually, you can eat what you like and still cut the pounds.
Getting Enough Sleep at Night May Just Help You Lose Weight
Eating the right foods and exercising regularly have been the hallmark of most weight management programs for the last 50 years. We are learning more and more about how other lifestyle factors affect weight such as stress, hormones, and other emotional triggers.
Overweight? - 5 Tips to Enhance Your Sex Drive
You could try one of the many sexual enhancement drugs available today. You could sign up for very expensive workshops and retreats.
Winning the Battle of the Bulge: Successful Strategies
Let's take a look at how your attitudes and perceptions affect the results you acheive and how slight modifications can achieve mighty results.When attacking any problem, it is always best to break it into small sections that can be approached individually.
Stop Trusting the Scale--Its Probably Wrong Anyway
Have you ever stepped on the scale after a week of "being really good" only to be rewarded with an eye popping four pound gain? Don't despair! Your scale isn't trying to ruin your efforts and it doesn't hate you. True health is measured in many ways, only one of which is your outward appearance, and what you weigh is the least reliable measure of all.
Know How Many Calories To Cut For Permanent Weight Loss
It is not recommended to lose more than 1 pound per week for healthily weight loss. The reason for this has do to with the issues which quick and drastic weight loss can have on your body's metabolism and muscle mass.
Too Many Calories
How many calories do you need? Well, that depends on a lot of things. Your age, sex, type of work, physical activity, all come into play.
First Component of Weight Loss
Any true body transformation starts with self-discovery. It is an inside-out approach method.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © BoxingScene.com LLC. All rights reserved.