|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
7 Weight Control Habits
Here are 7 simple habits that can help anyone enjoy a healthy diet and keep their weight under control without feeling hungry all the time.
1. Always drink a glass of water before eating a meal. This fills your tummy so you are not as hungry. It also helps to relieve any cravings. Some cravings are not for food but are actually cravings for water. Your body may be feeling dehydrated. Coffee and soft drinks actually cause more dehydration. Plain old water is what your body wants. If ice water gives you a tummy ache, just ask for water without any ice. Some Hollywood celebrities carry a supply of bottled water in their cars and they secretly drink a bottle before going into a restaurant to meet their friends.
2. Always start your meal with a salad. Salads fill you up and are low in calories. Skip the creamy and fatty dressings and get an olive oil and vinegar type instead. Olive oil is one of the fats that are good for you. Get in the habit of eating salads with lunch and dinner whenever possible. If you need a between-meals snack, try some veggies dipped in nonfat ranch dressing. Salads and raw vegetables are filling and satisfying.
3. Use a smaller plate when eating at home. Larger plates encourage you to eat larger portions. This fact is not lost on restaurant owners. It is no secret that restaurant plates have grown larger and larger over recent years. The reason is simply to make more money. Restaurants need to make as much money as they can from each table of customers. When you sit down to eat they want you to buy a larger more costly meal. They don't care about your waistline, only about their own bottom line.
4. Split an entree when dining at a restaurant that serves large portions. When asking a dining companion to split an order, just say that you never finish it all and you don't want to see it go to waste when there are children who go to bed hungry. Who can argue with that? Many people will be relieved to have someone to split an entree with. They never eat the whole meal either. Plus you will either both save some money or you can use the extra money to order something extra-fancy as to reward yourselves.
5. At breakfast time, get in the habit of having scrambled eggs or oatmeal. These two foods make low fat, healthy meals that fill you up and keep you going all morning. Professional athletes swear by these two breakfasts. One woman who won a "best body" contest said she ate scrambled eggs (Eggbeaters) every single day. You can have some ham with your eggs once in a while but just be sure to pass on the fatty fried bacon and sausage.
6. Eat more chicken at lunch and dinner. You can't go wrong with grilled, skinless chicken breast. It is a low fat, high protein food that models and bodybuilders live on every day. Grilled chicken can be prepared in such a variety of ways that you can eat it five times per week and not have the same meal twice. Some choices are chicken fajitas, chicken Caesar salad, teriyaki chicken, barbecued chicken, chicken and pasta, you name it.
7. Skip dessert. You will have a lot of company. A recent restaurant industry study showed that sales of dessert are down and continue to go down. Many people get in the habit by practicing saying "Oh no thanks, I never eat dessert." After a while it becomes a habit. Some desserts pack on more fat and calories than the entire meal did. Skip dessert and if you crave chocolate bring some along. Those after dinner chocolates with mint are always nice to clear the palate and make you feel like you've had a small indulgence.
These 7 habits can make a real difference in any weight control and healthy diet plan. Try them and stick to them until they become second nature. Good luck with your health and fitness goals.
How former college dancer Rachel finally lost the weight on Extreme Weight Loss - The Denver Channel
Five Healthy Weight Loss Tips Revealed
Are you tired of getting the same old advice when it comes to dieting? Are you looking for some quick tips to help motivate yourself during a diet? Why not follow along below to learn about some quick healthy weight loss tips?Tip # 1: Take off five pounds quickly before a big event!If you're generally in good shape, but you want to pare off a few pounds to look your best before a big event like a class reunion, one of the best ways to easy weight loss is to cleanse your system. For the week before, skip the breads and pastas, eat lots of raw vegetables and salads, and drink at least eight ounce glasses of water a day.
Give up the Diet
If you're thinking of going on a diet to lose those extra pounds think again. Long-term weight control through dieting is near impossible, for the simple reason is that diets promote only short term solutions not long term.
Was The Ephedra Ban Really a Success?
Ephedra and Ephedrine consumers are still under the assumption that the Ephedra ban is still in place. It probably comes as a great surprise that the ban on Ephedra, one of nature's most powerful weight loss supplements, was lifted in April of 2005.
On A Diet? Ensure You Get Enough Nutritional Supplements For Your Good Health
There is never any absolute certainty about what the nutritional requirements are for the human body of a certain age, size and gender. Scientific research on the subject takes a long time, and results are often not that clear.
Eat What You Like and Still Lose Weight
Did you say there's a way I can eat what I like and still lose weight? Is that even possible? Is there really a way I can lose weight without counting calories, carbs, fats, and without doing all the other stuff that these diet experts tell me?Yes there is. First of all, to put it bluntly, diets just don't work at all for long-term weight loss.
Why Diets Are A Waste Of Time & Money - What You Can Do Instead
A 'diet' is always seen as a temporary measure. An unpleasant episode that must be endured in order to reach some weight target, often in time for a major event such as a wedding, your own or your children's.
The 4 Secrets to Weight Loss Success the Diet Books Don't Tell You
Weight loss plans come in all shapes and sizes. Some are fad diets that are too restrictive to follow more than a couple of weeks, while others are provided by professionals that make customized plans for us.
Say No To Obesity
Obesity still remains one of the commonest avoidable causes of several disease conditions. Most often than not, it is a result of the wrong habits or lifestyles.
How I Lost 51 Pounds In 4 Months Using The Simplest Diet Plan In The World
Like many people I've been on dozens of diet plans over the years ranging from Atkins to South Beach to Weightwatchers to Jenny Craig and lots more besides. In fact, I've eaten enough cabbage soup to satisfy a small country! I'm 5 feet 10 and I used to weigh 230 pounds and needed to lose a good 50 pounds to get myself in some short of shape.
Obesity - The Number 1 Health Issue in the US
Obesity is quickly becoming the number one health issue confronting America today, and it's not just America, other countries are affected also. Obesity leads to a multitude of health problems including, but certianly not limited too:Heart disease Diabetes High Blood PressureThese 3 alone are rapidly becoming the leading causes of premature death in both men and women, in our society.
Dieting: A Few Smart Dieting Secrets To Rejuvenate You
In our society of fast food and long hours spent at jobs, it is not difficult to add weight at all.That is the easy part.
Pushing Gastric Bypass: When to Talk, When to Keep Quiet
Sharing our bariatric stories is as personal decision as electing to have the surgery itself. Some of us are very private and others of us are very open.
What Every Woman Needs!
As a woman, your body is very complex. Throughout every phase of your life you will require extra care and nutritional support.
Feeling Tired? Cant Lose Weight? Tap Into Protein Power!
You're always hungry right? The last thing you have time for is to plan meals ahead. Don't despair, you body was designed to be refueled continually.
Weight Loss, Exercise, and Bodybuilding Tips - Keeping Your Body-Fat Low: Part 7 of 10
People usually quit weightloss and exercise programs for one of two reasons: boredom or lack of results, maybe even both!I cannot explain this, nor did I learn this in a classroom, but twenty years in the field proves it to me all the time- after about ten weeks the body starts catching onto what your workout will consist of that day. I believe that your body knows after awhile exactly what you are going to put it through, adapts to it and stops progress.
The Truth About Counting Calories And Weight Loss
Do calories matter or do you simply need to eat certain foods and that will guarantee you'll lose weight? Should you count calories or can you just count "portions?" Is it necessary to keep a food diary? Is it unrealistic to count calories for the rest of your life or is that just part of the price you pay for a better body?You're about to learn the answers to these questions and discover a simple solution for keeping track of your food intake without having to crunch numbers every day or become a fanatic about your food.In many popular diet books, "Calories don't count" is a frequently repeated theme.
You Cant Lose Weight if You Listen to Your Family and Friends
I bet you already know all the health benefits for keeping slim. You have probably tried every diet; the Atkins, the Southbeach, the metabolic, the fruit, the water or just plain starvation.
Using The Glycemic Index To Lose Weight After Pregnancy
The vast majority of postpartum women will not return to their pre-pregnancy weight without the help of proper nutrition. This article will explain why extreme diets don't work and why the Glycemic Index may be the best long-term solution for postpartum weight loss.
Survival Guide For Holiday Parties
If you have been watching your weight all year, you certainly won't want to add back the pounds during the holiday season! By making a commitment to yourself and your health, with these tips it will be possible to enjoy the holiday celebrations without adding extra pounds.1.
Add High Water Content Fruits and Vegetables to Your Diet For Fast Weight Loss
Include in your diet things that contain more water like tomatoes and watermelons. These things contain 90 to 95 % water so that there is nothing that you have to lose by feasting on them.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.