|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Weight Loss, Exercise, and Bodybuilding Tips - Keeping Your Body-Fat Low: Part 4 of 10
Which is easier to do - turn a car's steering wheel while sitting still in the driveway or when it is speeding down the highway? Sure, the answer is simple...it's easier to turn when you are moving or going down the road. When things are moving, there seems to be a more fluid pace. Your time in the gym and during your workouts is the same. Keeping your body fat levels low is a matter of flow and movement.
Low Body Fat Technique #4: A Matter of Flow!
I have won numerous bodybuilding championships and have consistently exercised every week for over twenty years. The smartest decision I have ever made that has made the biggest influence on my success in the gym is; I put a time frame each day on my workouts.
At the time I did not know the impact having a sense of urgency on my workouts would have on my body fat levels. But knowing I had to complete all my exercises in a certain period of time kept me moving. The goal is to get your momentum going. Here are some suggestions on how to keep the flow in your workouts and maintain a healthy body fat level;
1. Set a reasonable time frame to your exercise session. I have a one hour and fifteen minute limit. (from start to finish)
2. Do your cardiovascular training first.
3. Pre-plan your workouts in your head prior to the workout. This cuts ten minutes out of your workout.
4. Make a contingency plan before you workout. Sometimes a crowed gym will slow you down and people are using a piece of equipment you had planed to use.
5. Do exercises that require more strength at the beginning of your workout.
6. Pre-schedule water breaks.
7. Cut the talking down to a minimum.
8. Have time limits between sets.
9. Absolutely no cell phones are allowed in the gym.
10. Bring your water bottle to the gym so you do not have to go to the water fountain and waste time.
Keeping your momentum going during your workout allows your heart rate to stay at a higher level. Over a period of time this pays off in burning more fat calories. Remember keeping your body fat levels low has a lot to do with your flow of the workout more than anything. Go with the flow!
LOSE WEIGHT NOW! For FREE Mini Course Visit http://www.resolutions.bz - Discover the five step common sense way to lose weight and feel better. A twenty year proven formula the doc's and trainer's DON'T want you to know about! Greg Ryan is the best selling author of the Changing from the "INSIDE OUT", former Kathy Smith employee.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Weight-Loss&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/weight-loss/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input