Weight Loss Programs and Pills: Is Your Weight Loss Program Safe and Effective?
In this age being ignorant is like committing a crime. With so much of knowledge around you, following a trend blindly doesn't confirm the fact that you are intelligent. But the catch here is, GO BY RIGHT KNOWLEDGE. No doubt, internet is flooded with the wrong knowledge and myths that leads you nowhere, but it isn't hard enough to figure out the pearl in the ocean. Every now and then, we see some supplements or pills making tall claims which they down the line do not seem to validate. We will soon establish as we go on reading this article that there is absolutely no substitute for eating healthy and sweating out.
In US, where weight loss has been a part of national consciousness for three decades, several studies have been done to evaluate the effectiveness of various weight loss aids. The major reason why most of these aids escape regulation is because they are branded as "food supplements" to escape the Drugs and Cosmetics Act that regulates the sale of medicine. Here are some findings:-
1) Diet or Slimming Patches: Considered one of the most popular way to lose weight, it claims to speed up your metabolism by wearing a slimming patch on your skin. It then breaks down the fatty tissues. Studies says these patches are neither effective NOR SAFE. The US Food and Drug Administration(FDA) eventually seized millions of these products from manufacture last year because they had terrible side effects.
2) Green Tea Extracts: You have pills under this category which contain polyphenols. Polyphenols are extracted from green tea and are thought to be strong antioxidants. These pills failed to prove their effectiveness too. It is advisable to consult your doctor if you are taking aspirin or blood thinning medications and you plan to take some green tea extracts because they may interfere with blood clotting.
3) Diet Pills with Ephedra: These pills have been banned in US but they are still available on internet. These pills are central nervous system stimulant that suppresses appetite. Generally, manufactures mix ephedra and caffeine which further increases the risk of high blood pressure.
4) Diet Pills with PPA: PPA stands for phenylpropanolamine. These pills suppress appetite. They come along with diet plan. Manufactures of drugs and supplements containing PPA voluntarily withdrew their products from market after it was found that these products were associated with strokes.
5) Fat Blockers: Another popular form of weight loss aids which bit the dust is fat blockers. It also made tall claims that it will absorb fats from the food you eat and flush it out. A university of California study found that chitosan (the fat-binding component of fat blockers) has absolutely no ability to absorb fats from the food.
---> To learn more about other fake weight loss programs and pills and how to differentiate between genuine weight loss programs and fake weight loss programs, visit http://www.weightloss-health.com/Fake%20Weight%20Loss.htm
About the Author
Jasdeep: for http://weightloss-health.com/ your complete and most comprehensive family guide on Health.
Also get free tips and tricks on weight loss and a chance to read most popular Weight Loss Programs Reviews at Weight Loss Programs Review
If you wish to reproduce the above article you are welcome to do so, provided the article is reproduced in its entirety, including this resource box and LIVE link to our website.
Fat Burners: The Shocking Truth
Fat Burners refer to the hundreds of products on the market today that can be purchased over the counter. Their purpose is to somehow burn off the fat by speeding up metabolism, or blocking fat in foods, or other methods.
Weight Loss from Exercise
Weight loss from exercise can be achieved by walking, running, or some sort of aerobic activity. You can exercise at home or at a gym.
Weight Loss for Life - How to Overcome Speed Bumps!
Yesterday evening my computer hard drive crashed. Resulting in the loss of at least six months worth of hard work.
Positive Imaging for Weight Loss
Visualization is a powerful technique that can help you make lasting lifestyle changes. Just by "day dreaming", you can significantly improve your chances in achieving your goals.
When Losing Weight Seems Hopeless
Sometimes it's good to just let the feelings flow. Take out a piece of paper and just start writing your feelings down on paper.
Hypnosis For Weight Loss - The perfect solution to losing weight
Temporary weight loss is easy!You simply starve yourself on the latest fad diet, and watch those extra pounds disappear..
The Importance of Vitamins when Dieting
In our quest to get that "perfect" body, we actually tend to lose our focus on the real things that should matter to us, such as our health and well-being. Thus, we end up not only neglecting our insides but possibly our relationships with others as well.
NotOneOunce -- Junk at the Office
After the post-Halloween sugar surge, everyone coaches you to get the candy out of your house. This is terrific, but many people solve the problem by taking it straight to the office.
Welcome to the Middle Aged Diet
You are not a kid any more and becoming a senior is just around the corner. By now, you are monitoring, at least, one of the following: Blood pressure, blood sugar, or cholesterol levels.
Hunger Free Eating - How To Eat Less And Not Feel Hungry
There are many diets, all of which boil down to taking in fewer calories especially of the foods, which tend to lay down fat in the body.The reason most people become over weight is that they are eating foods that are high in calories and low in bulk and, that they eat too quickly.
Weight Loss: Customize, Personalize, Spice up!
You know you have weighted, err, waited more than enough. So you decide to get yourself started on some weight loss programs and regimens.
Weight Loss - A Complex Issue - Learn More
Please feel free to comment, to provide good information and feedbackDid you know: As of 2003, the World Health Organization estimated one billion are overweightOver 40 million Americans are overweight(World Health Organisation), 64% of Americans are overweight (NHANES)Americans are spending 33 billion dollars a year on weight loss programs, foods and supplements aids (Medical and healthcare guide 1997)Increased weight is associated with a variety of health conditions from heart to joints, to immune function.Fad Diets:Low Carbohydrate/High Protein Diets:* increased risk of several diseases.
Is Obesity a Disease? And What Should Be Done About It?
You have noticed your obese friend suddenly slimmer. You want to know what she's doing, but you don't want surgery or side effects.
Managing Cravings with EFT
There are several ways to manage cravings. You can: Attempt to stop eating the food you crave entirely (out of sight out of mind).
Why Do You Say You Want To Lose Weight?
How many of your New Year's resolution start out with "I want to lose x amount of pounds" as if just saying it were some kind of magic mantra.As if the weight would just fall off, in response to the spoken words!Why do we not want to pay the price for anything? Gaining weight is not an overnight effect and it will NOT be reversed overnight.
Fat, Fat Go Away
I am Dr Patrick Flanagan, and this is the latest edition of my Dr Health Secrets newsletter.Lately I have written about toxins in our water and food supply.
Burning Fat vs. Burning Calories
To lose weight and get in shape you must have a good diet and exercise regularly to burn fat. The first thing you must understand about exercise is that just because you are burning calories does not mean you are burning fat.
Snooze to Lose Pounds
If you want to find a way to lose weight faster, and you think there is nothing new under the sun, then what I'm about to tell you will really make you nod off.According to Dr Kenneth Goodrick at Baylor University, a good night's sleep is a vital ingredient for weight loss.
Six Steps to Weight Loss Success
What does it take to lose weight?When it comes to losing weight there is so much conflicting information out there that a lot of people just are not sure where to begin. There is an old saying that states "if you want learn how to get rich then hang out with rich people" Well, that old saying can also be applied if you want to lose weight.
Movie Star Weight Loss Secrets - Kathy Smiths Former Personal Trainer Speaks Out!
In the early nineties I had the opportunity to work with some of the most famous movie stars in the world. As a manager and personal trainer for Kathy Smith and her health club, I experienced first hand the secrets to the stars.