|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
How To Select A Weight Loss Program
Choosing a weight loss program may be a daunting task. You may not know what to look for in a weight-loss program or what questions to ask. This information can help you make an informed decision about joining a program.
A Responsible and Safe Weight-loss Program.
Experts agree that the best way to reach a healthy weight is to follow a sensible eating plan and engage in regular physical activity. Weight loss programs should encourage healthy behaviours that help you lose weight and that you can maintain over time. A safe and effective weight loss program should include:
1. Healthy eating plans that reduce calories but do not rule out specific foods or food groups
2. Regular physical activity and/or exercise instruction
3. Tips on healthy behaviour changes that also consider your cultural needs
4. Slow and steady weight loss of about ¾ to 2 pounds per week and not more than 3 pounds per week (weight loss may be faster at the start of a program)
5. A plan to keep the weight off after you have lost it
Gather as much information as you can before deciding to join a program. Providers of weight-loss programs should be able to answer these questions:
1. What does the weight loss program consist of?
2. What are the staff qualifications?
3. Does the product or program carry any risks?
4. How much does the program costs?
5. What results do participants typically have?
What does the weight loss program consist of?
1. Does the program offer individual counselling and/or group classes?
2. Do you have to follow a specific meal plan or keep food records?
3. Do you have to purchase special food, drugs, or supplements?
4. Does the program encourage you to be physically active, follow a specific physical activity plan, or provide exercise instruction?
5. Does the program provide information on how to make positive and healthy behavior changes?
6. Is the program sensitive to your lifestyle and cultural needs?
Does the product or program carry any risks?
1. Are there risks related to following the program's eating or exercise plans?
2. Are there risks related to using recommended drugs or supplements?
3. Do participants talk with a medical professional?
4. Does a medical professional oversee the program?
5. Will the program providers work with your personal health care provider if you have a medical condition or are taking prescribed medications?
How much does the program cost?
1. What is the total cost of the program?
2. Are there recurring costs such as weekly attendance fees, costs of food and supplement purchases, etc?
3. Are there additional fees for a follow-up program or to re-enter the program for follow-up after you lose weight?
4. Are there additional fees for medical tests?
What results do participants typically have?
1. How much weight does an average participant lose and how long have they kept off all or part of their weight?
2. Can the program provide references?
Kim Beardsmore is a weight loss consultant. This medically program will help you burn fat, boost energy and block cravings. Tons of articles, recipes, tools, nutrition and resources to help you lose weight. Estimate your healthy body weight, free newsletter and more at http://www.weight-loss-health.com.au
Do You Jiggle When You Walk?
Today I stopped by my favorite coffee shop in Berkeley, right across from the campus and noticed this student, couldn't have been 20 years old.Now this kid was obese, no I mean OBESE.
Can I Eat Sugar Alcohols On My Low Carb Diet?
"Polyols" or sugar alcohols are a number of differentcarbohydrates that are neither sugars nor alcohols--andare commonly used as artificial sweeteners in a rangeof products, from ice cream to chewing gum.While these tasty sweeteners appear to be the perfectsolution for both low-carb dieters and low-carbfood producers, recent studies of sugar alcoholshave painted a somewhat different picture.
Why Diets DONT Work
One of the biggest scams ever successfully pulled on the American public is - somewhat appropriately - a 4-letter word. That word is, of course, Diet.
Why Do You Say You Want To Lose Weight?
How many of your New Year's resolution start out with "I want to lose x amount of pounds" as if just saying it were some kind of magic mantra.As if the weight would just fall off, in response to the spoken words!Why do we not want to pay the price for anything? Gaining weight is not an overnight effect and it will NOT be reversed overnight.
Pathological Eating Disorders and Poly-Behavioral Addiction
When considering that pathological eating disorders and their related diseases now afflict more people globally than malnutrition, some experts in the medical field are presently purporting that the world's number one health problem is no longer heart disease or cancer, but obesity. According to the World Health Organization (June, 2005), "obesity has reached epidemic proportions globally, with more than 1 billion adults overweight - at least 300 million of them clinically obese - and is a major contributor to the global burden of chronic disease and disability.
How The Motto Be Prepared Can Help You Lose Weight
Be Prepared. For the Boy Scouts it means you are always ready in body and mind to do your duty.
Lose Weight, Get Fit, and Live Longer
If all we have to do is exercise to live a fuller and healthier life then why isn't everybody doing it? Not enough time? Too expensive? Unmotivated? Well the fact is everybody wants to be healthier but it is time consuming and expensive. Or is it? The problem is that an individual's health is not given a high priority until it's gone.
Are Fruits Making You FAT?
I want to make this perfectly clear, fruits are healthy and they are good for you. They are loaded with vitamins, fiber, and minerals.
Zone Diet Weight Loss Program
The Zone Diet as a weight loss program has been discussed in detail by Dr. Barry Sears in his book The Zone: Revolutionary Life Plan to Put Your Body in Total Balance for Permanent Weight Loss.
Glucagon and Aging - Breakfast How Not To Start The Day Part III
A question from one of our readers:Dr. Mericle,With respect to burning "fat" energy in the mornings before eating, what if you are not a long distance runner? The average person is not, particularly someone who is overweight.
Obesity and Morbid Obesity - Is Gastric Bypass Surgery Right For You
The very first thing you want to do before you even consider the surgery is really contemplate if surgery is the only way to lose weight. If you have exhausted every diet or new lifestyle of eating, the last resort should be Gastric Bypass Surgery or another name is Bariatric Surgery.
Why Friends Sabotage Your Diet at Parties
How to Say No When You Don't Want the FoodA friend's doctor said he should lose 10 pounds and so he is trying to break his sugar habit. He generally eats well during the day but his downfall is cookies while watching TV.
Is Emotional Eating Causing You to Blow Your Healthy Weight Loss Plan?
You've done everything right this time. You're eating lots of salad, fruit, and protein; using only low fat dressings and even staying away from white flour and refined sugar.
Does Calorie Restriction Lead to Weight Loss?
Yes and no. Moderate calorie restriction helps in controlling and getting rid of fat to a certain extent.
Anger: The Unexpected Emotion After Gastric Bypass Surgery
The words I read made me furious. There it was, in black and white, the story of a fussy baby who was spoon fed ice cream to keep her quiet.
Staying Healthy on a Low Carbohydrate Diet
It is estimated that about 32 million Americans are following some type of low carbohydrate diet. This is the result of fad diet authors claiming that carbohydrates are the cause for America's rising obesity problems.
Tracking the Elusive Calorie - Weight Loss Tips
Why Making Small Changes in Your Eating Habits Adds up to Big Results in Your Weight Loss EffortsFirst, get started by tracking your eating for at least a week or more. I carry a little purse sized notebook and just jot down what I eat during the day.
The Psychology of Weight Loss: Part 3 - Lose the Hang Ups!
We have missed the boat and your boat is sinking fast. You have weighted your ship down with stats, calories, grams and pounds.
Coris Creations - Salmon Burger Atop Veggies
There's nothing more fun then being creative with food and eating healthy at the same time. I had bought frozen salmon burgers to just keep in the freezer for a quick, easy meal.
Weight Loss Support Groups: Lose Weight & Keep It Off With Your Friends At The Phentermine Forum
We all know it's hard to begin losing weight, no matter what method you're using. Even diet pills present a challenge through uncomfortable side effects that occasionally bother us.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © BoxingScene.com LLC. All rights reserved.