|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
You Dont Have to Stop Eating Out Because You Are On Diet
Diners have become more health-conscious the last few years, andnow want healthy choices whether eating at home or at theirfavorite restaurants. Luckily, the restaurant industry has beenquick to accommodate the demand, so you'll find you have manyoptions to "eat healthy" these days.
Whether you're eating at home or dining out, the same rules forwatching your weight apply. You need to eat more vegetables,fruit and whole grains. Choose smaller portions of lean meats,fish and poultry. Eat a variety of foods, and fresh, raw foodsare better. Cut back on salt, sugar, saturated fats and alcohol.Drink plenty of water, and include exercise every day as part ofyour daily lifestyle choice.
So whether you're having lunch with the gang, or enjoying aromantic dinner for two, you can enjoy delicious-tasting foodsthat are low-in calories and good for you, with just a littleforethought and planning.
Here are some easy tips to remember when ordering out that willhelp you to lose weight even when eating at your favoriterestaurants:
1. If you know the menu from the restaurant you're going to, planwhat you're going to have ahead of time. This will help save youfrom making a last minute decision that could result inhigh-calorie choices.
2. Drink at least one full-glass of water or iced tea beforeeating your meal. This helps your digestive process, and,because you'll feel full sooner, you will eat less.
3. Don't be afraid to ask for the "senior citizen" special orkid's-sized portions. Most restaurants will accommodate you --and often you'll pay less as well!
4. Order first. That way you're much less likely to be influencedby the choices of your companions.
5. If you're not sure how something is prepared, don't be afraidto ask. And if the dish is cooked in oil or butter, you canalways ask if they have a "fat free" option.
6. If everything on the menu is high in fat or calories, ask ifthe chef could prepare a plate of fresh fruit and vegetables.Many restaurants offer a vegetarian selection, so if you don'tsee it on the menu, ask.
7. When ordering meat or fish, ask that it be grilled or broiled,and prepared without oil or butter. (When you eat it, use lemonor herbs and spices to give it flavor rather than heavy sauces).
8. Order an appetizer and a salad as your meal. Or a soup andsalad. For dessert, choose fresh fruit.
9. When choosing soup, remember that cream-based soups have manymore calories than broth-based ones.
10. If you're having a full meal, split the appetizer and desertwith your companion.
11. If you decide to order pasta, tomato sauce has fewer caloriesthan cream-based sauces, just like soup.
12. Choose breadsticks over bread, or if you eat bread, don't addbutter. Stay away from muffins and croissants, and choose wholegrain over white.
13. Choose steamed vegetables instead of baked potatoes or otherstarches. Again, use lemon and herbs and spices rather thanbutter to flavor them with.
14. Whenever possible, eat like the Europeans do, and have yourbiggest meal at lunchtime. Not only will you save money, butyou'll cut down on calories at the same time!
15. Take the time to enjoy your meal. Savor the flavors andtextures of your food, and enjoy the company you're with. Whenyou eat slowly, you give your body's internal clock the time itneeds to know when you've had enough. When you're full, stopeating. Ask your server to remove your plate so you're nottempted to keep eating while you wait for your companion tofinish.
16. Ask for salsa on your baked potatoes, rather than sour creamand butter. Not only is salsa much lower in calories, but itadds a "spicy" flavor to potatoes.
17. Order salad dressings and sauces "on the side." This givesyou more control of how much to use. Another tip for saladdressing -- rather than pouring the salad dressing on your salad,dip your fork into the dressing first, and then into the salad. You'll get the same amount of flavor, without all the addedcalories!
18. Choose brown rice over white rice (or french fries), wholegrain breads and rolls over white. Not only are they lower incalories, but they are better for you.
19. Stay away from "all you can eat" buffets and salad bars. It'stoo easy to lose track of the amount of food you're eating, evenwhen it's salads. If that's your only choice, then stay awayfrom the pasta, marinated salads, cheeses and fruit salads withwhipped cream. Stick to soups, raw vegetables and fresh fruits.
20. Have your soup first. It will help to fill you up, and mostsoups have fewer calories.
21. If you're craving something sweet, and don't want freshfruit, choose sorbet. If you absolutely HAVE to have thechocolate sauce, use the same trick as you did with the saladdressing -- dip your fork into it first, then your dessert.
22. Split your dessert with your companion. You'll still feellike you got to be indulgent, and you'll only have to exercisehalf as long to burn off the extra calories!
23. When ordering sandwiches, order them with mustard only,rather than mayonnaise. Not only does mustard have almost nocalories, but you won't miss the mayo!
24. If the portion you were served is large, only eat half of it.Take the other half home. Not only will you get two meals forthe price of one, but you'll cut the calories in half as well!
25. Go for a walk after eating. Stroll along the beach, walkthrough a park, visit a zoo. You'll burn calories and get yourexercise at the same time!
The information contained in this article is for educational purposes only and is not intended to medically diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Consult a health care practitioner before beginning any health care program.
Low Carb Intelligence vs. Low Carb Stupidity
Remember that movie with Jim Carey, "Dumb and Dumber?" And remember the sequel to that movie, "Dumb and Dumberer?" Well, the low carb mania that is sweeping the globe today has reached a level beyond dumberer? It's more like dumberererer (try to say that five times real fast)There is an epidemic of "low carb stupidity" running rampant among millions of people throughout the world today - and fast food restaurants, food product manufacturers, supplement companies, and weight loss programs are capitalizing on it in a big way!The low carb diet is not inherently "stupid," however. It can be quite beneficial within certain parameters and under the right circumstances.
Drinking Water for Weight Loss
An article published in http://www.inch-aweigh.
What is Your Healthy Body Weight
Everywhere we look in the western world we are inundated with pictures, images, icons and inferences of the 'perfect' female shape! The truth is that many of these images are altered or enhanced in some way and do not depict the typical female form. The pressure to lose weight is immense when we are bombarded every day with media selling products based on slimness, sex appeal and fashion.
Glycemic Index: A Magic Weight Loss Solution or a Soap Bubble Ready to Burst?
Glycemic index ranks different carbohydrate foods depending on their potential to raise blood glucose levels.The ranking is on a scale from 0 to 100.
3 Simple Weight Loss Tips from the Pros
Tip 1) DRINK A GLASS OF WATER AFTER EACH SNACKThis will help you get in your 8 to 10 glasses of water eachday but it can also have other benefits. Ever feel hungry aftereating a handful or standard serving of nuts? Try drinking waterafterwards.
Lose Weight and Get Fit by Getting Fat
Getting enough of the good fats will help you lose fat, build muscle, and recover faster from your workouts. In addition, it has myriad health benefits, including being good for your heart.
Rating the Fad Diets
THE 200 POINT SYSTEMWith so many different diets available, how are we to know what works and what is safe? The only way to be sure is to discover the author's background and the research behind the diet's methodology. Every good diet should give a background about the author and his/her credentials and experience in the fields of nutrition and biochemistry.
Water is an essential component of the human body and is critical to successful weight loss and exercising. Yet many people don't understand the importance of staying well-hydrated and what it takes to stay that way.
Obesity in Old Age May Disable, Not Kill
Many physical problems are related to obese condition, like difficulties in breathing, personal hygiene, pain in the knees and back and skin problems.Obesity is a risk factor for arthritis of the knee and hip, potentially disabling conditions.
Weight Loss Plateaus -- 7 Easy Steps to Overcome It
Have you ever experienced this scenario before?"I have successfully lost 15 of the 25 pounds that I want to lose, but now I am stuck at the same weight even though I am faithfully controlling my food intake and doing my exercises. What happened? Is the diet not working anymore?"Yes, many women over 40 start off their weight loss programs full of excitement and determination, and indeed you do see the pounds dropping off over the first few weeks.
Revolutionary, Safe, and Clinically Proven Natural Weight Loss
America is in a health care crisis. More than 60 percent of US adults are overweight and 25% are considered obese.
Weight Loss Surgery: What are the options?
To understand how surgical procedures aid the grossly overweight person to reduce their body fat, it helps to first understand the digestive process that is responsible for handling the food we take in.Once food is chewed and swallowed, it's on its way through the digestive tract, where enzymes and digestive juices will break it down and allow our systems to absorb the nutrients and calories.
How To Look Thinner
There is no need to worry too much if your weight loss programme is going along slowly. That is often the case.
Reasons for Obesity
Causes of ObesityJust like there is no weight loss pill or single "magic potion"diet plan to cure obesity there is no single cause of obesity.We are living in an age of two income families, job loss,stress, and time constraints.
How To Get Over A Weight Loss Plateau
Everyone who has ever tried to lose weight has hit a plateau at some point. A plateau is that point at which no matter what you do, you cannot seem to lose any more.
Is There a New Fat Loss Miracle on the Horizon?
For the past several years one subject has been coming up quite often and has really started to be quite a hot topic. The subject is a fat known as CLA which stands for Conjugated Linoleic Acid.
The Mental Game Of Weight Loss
Many of us have tried losing weight in the past only to have it all find it's way back to us and then we notice it brought a few friends along.Then there's nothing left to do but feel frustrated, and suffer with our weight problem for another several months or years until we get sick and tired again of bering sick and tired and try once again to lose that unsightly weight.
Weight Loss - I Lost 40 Pounds
I did it without starving myself or taking pills. How did I do it you ask?Well, over a year ago a friend of mine told me about the South Beach Diet.
Obesity in America -- The Growing Epidemic!
Obesity is a disease that affects approximately 60 million people in the United States, where women are especially affected. Over one-third of women between the ages of 20 and 74 are obese, the majority of them being African American or Mexican American.
Getting Enough Sleep at Night May Just Help You Lose Weight
Eating the right foods and exercising regularly have been the hallmark of most weight management programs for the last 50 years. We are learning more and more about how other lifestyle factors affect weight such as stress, hormones, and other emotional triggers.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © BoxingScene.com LLC. All rights reserved.