|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Top Thirty Weight Loss Tips and Tricks
Here are some everyday, helpful hints to get you started, keep you going, and help you stick to your diet.
1. Never leave home "starving." Always have a light snack before eating dinner in a restaurant, such as a piece of fruit, a glass of juice or a carrot.
2. Don't go food shopping on an empty stomach! You'll be tempted to buy everything in sight.
3. Don't be tempted by treats. Store them out of view, off counter-tops and as out-of-reach as possible.
4. Don't eat in front of the TV. Watching the boob tube -- instead of watching your plate -- lulls you into overeating. Also avoid being tempted by food and snack commercials.
5. Make it a rule in your house to confine your meals to the dining room or kitchen table! Never eat standing up! This leads to mindless snacking.
6. Think before you drink. Alcohol adds lots of calories, but no nutrients. Also, it weakens your willpower to avoid the wrong food choices. Hangovers can cause wicked cravings for fatty or high carbohydrate foods that can sabotage any attempt at weight loss.
7. Fill up on soup first. Begin every meal with non-cream hot soup; it forces you to eat slowly and fills you up so you won't overeat.
8. Take time to taste your food. Don't gobble food down! Rushing through your meals doesn't give your brain the time that it needs to signal your body that you are full.
9. When dining out, request sauces and low-calorie dressings on the side.
10. There is no law that requires you to finish everything on your plate.
11. Prepare a shopping list (with menu ideas in mind) and stick to the list. Avoid being tempted by bargains that grocery stores place on the outer aisles and at the back and the front of the store. The healthiest foods are usually in the long narrow aisles.
12. Use non-stick pans to reduce the need for cooking with fat.
13. If you must use oil, try a flavorful one like olive or sesame oil. Now remember, a little goes a long way! Make just a spritz of oil go even further by buying a Misto. A Misto is an aerosol can that you can fill with a good fat such as olive or canola oil.
14. A pinch of grated cheese or blue cheese will provide a flavorful kick without adding a lot of calories to a salad or grain dish.
15. If you cook in large quantities for your family, store leftovers in individual serving size containers. This is a way to practice portion control for yourself so you don't eat too much at one sitting.
16. Nibbling off someone else's plate may seem harmless -- but those calories do add up!
17. Drink six to eight glasses of water a day. A beverage before mealtime will also help you feel full faster and longer. Water also helps your body digest food, which is especially important now that you're eating a fiber rich diet.
18. Store really tempting treats in opaque containers or silver foil -- and stick them in the back of the refrigerator. Out of sight out of mind!
19. Are you stuffing yourself? If you have to loosen your belt a few notches after meals you're definitely eating too much!
20. Mashed bananas, prunes and apple sauce are great baking substitutes for fat, especially in bread, brownie and cake mixes.
21. When you choose to eat "fast food," choose wisely: skip fried foods; avoid large portions; and opt for a small hamburger.
22. Sauté foods, if possible, in chicken stock, low-sodium soy sauce or water, instead of fat.
23. When cooking, broil, bake, roast, boil or stir-fry and let the fat drain. A George Foreman grill is an excellent investment for those who want to eat meat and avoid eating the fat drippings too!
24. Sauces and soups can be thickened with a puree of potatoes instead of cream.
25. Instead of eating any product directly out of the box, pour a reasonable portion onto a plate or bowl, and put the box away. This also prevents mindless snacking.
26. If a recipe calls for ˝ a cup of oil, cut that amount in half, your taste buds won't know the difference -- but your waistline will.
27. Add spice to your life instead of fat; fresh herbs will perk up any dish without adding calories. Experiment with different ethnic foods and seasonings; they're full of flavor -- not fat.
28. Freeze leftovers immediately so you can't raid the refrigerator later.
29. Watch portion size by dishing out meals and bringing plates to the table. Don't set "bottomless" bowls and platters where they'll tempt you to reach for more, unless it's a salad or a bowl of vegetables. You can never get enough of those greens.
30. Start saving for that new outfit now! When you reach your goal weight, you can buy yourself some fashionable new clothes!
Publisher & author: Roy Barker. Roy has an indepth and long established background with the vitamins, minerals and health industry and has researched and experimented with many diets over a thirty year period. Roy is also the author of Safe and Easy Weightloss, a downloadable e-book based on the famous Mediterranean Diet and often used by those with heart conditions and those who seek an effective and safe way to shed weight and more importantly, keep it off. It can be viewed at http://www.safe-and-easy-weightloss.com. More articles and related sites can be viewed at http://www.weightloss-diet-health-vitamins.com The information on this and any adjoining pages may be reprinted and used on other sites providing this information remains on the article and all pages and credits remain as they are found here in its current compilation with all links in tact.
Mifepristone for Cushing's brings sustained weight loss - Clinical Endocrinology News Digital Network
Is Your Goal Really Weight Loss?
Are you ashamed of your weight? Do you have a goal weight that you want to reach through weight loss? I'd say so, it's been pushed into our brains many times over and over again that "weight loss" is what we want to accomplish. There are weight loss guides, weight loss supplements, and many other things that push "weight loss".
Benefits Of Exercise Videos For Weight Loss
I asked my sister to come to my gym with a guest pass. She replied something to the effect of "I am in no shape to go to the gym".
The Results Of Being Overweight
Being overweight is no laughing matter. For those who are obese, it often starts as a young child.
5 Diet Pill Free Weightloss Tips For Powerful Living
Before you even think of taking diet pills to lose weight,carefully consider all of your options. There are plenty ofchanges you can make in your daily eating and excercise habitsthat may help you shed the pounds without turning to diet pills.
Blow Those Fat Cells to Smitherines in Just 9 Short Days
Close kept secrets to weight loss: Give me 9 days and blow those fat cells to smitherines!Sizzling!! I bought a jumpsuit when I was 21 years old and kept it in my closet. I knew one day I would fit into it again.
Law of Attraction Resolves Diet Controversy
Who'd have thought healthy eating could be so controversial? Lunching at my girlfriend's house one afternoon, I held my tongue as her neighbors who'd joined us argued the virtues of their respective diets. And not like nice girls would!Shelli is an avid high protein diet fan, while Debra is a food combining aficionado.
One of the biggest misconceptions about exercise is that there is "one" program that works for someone all the time. People think that they need to get on a particular workout program and just keeping doing that program over and over again.
Setting Objectives For Weight Loss
I am sure that when I mention setting objectives for weight loss, the majority of people will be thinking in terms of how many pounds in weight that they, or someone else, should lose. That is similar, in a way, to those who consider setting financial objectives, and then state money as an objective.
Diet Fads: Supermarket Sheep
Eighteen or twenty years ago, I was into high protein, high fat, low carbohydrate diets, courtesy of the original Atkins Diet Revolution and, to an even greater extent, Stillman's Quick Weight Loss Diet (which I must admit I still prefer to Atkins but that's merely personal taste). At the time, every aisle was loaded with labels proclaiming Low Fat or Reduced Fat.
How To Avoid Gaining the Holiday 7
As the holidays approach, a frequent question from my clients and subscribers is "How can I avoid gaining weight during the holidays"? Their concern is legitimate. The average American adult gains seven pounds of fat between Thanksgiving and New Years Day.
Obesity Acceptance and Fat Acceptance: Different Labels; Same Dangerous Message
Obesity acceptance, also known as fat acceptance, has a simple, appealing message..
Lose Weight the Healthy Way
It's definitely no fun to lose weight -- put it back on, lose weight, put it back on, and so on. Just as you learn the rules of a new diet, you find yourself trying to get around them.
Understanding Weight Loss
A pound of fat represents approximately 3500 calories of storedenergy. In order to lose a pound of fat, you have to use 3500more calories than you consume.
Walking for Weight Loss: Walking with a Purpose
I wrote this article back in the late fall when I was struggling with weight loss motivation. Since January I have embarked on a serious weight loss journey and I have lost 37 1/2 pounds.
Getting Through a Weight Loss Plateau
If you are traveling on the path towards wellness you will occasionally hit road blocks in self motivation. There will be times that you will be filled with self doubt and will undoubtedly ponder the question that has left even the most motivated dieter reeling, "How do I get through a weight loss plateau?" Dealing with slow weight loss and plateaus are very frustrating, especially when you have stepped on the scale after a week of doing everything "right"! The best way to surge past a weight loss plateau and avoid any future blocks in self motivation is to use the power of your mind.
Weight Loss Surgery: A Last Resort
Thinking about weight loss surgery? You're not alone. Over two-thirds of Americans are overweight or obese.
How Music Can Help You Burn More Fat
Browsing one of the Russian websites I have recently found a little article claiming that music can affect our health both improving and worsening it. That sounded very interesting and I decided to research how can music actually affect our well-being.
Lose Weight and Burn Fat with One Simple Eating Principle
Fifteen years ago the doctor's suggested that we eat pasta as a good healthy food. They also thought we would possibly lose some weight by doing so.
The Diet Pill They Don't Want You to Have is Back
It comes as a surprise to many consumers that the ban on Ephedra, a powerful weight loss supplement was lifted in April of 2005. A Utah Judge overturned the FDA's decision to ban the natural substance.
Breakfast -How Not To Start The Day Part I
Axiom Number FourTo have a great selling diet plan encourage people to do what they want to do anyway, even if they won't lose weight and may become morbidly obese, get cancer and have a very poor quality of life.Question from one of our readers .
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.