|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
3 Fast Weight Loss Tips That Work
Looking to lose some pounds quickly? Fast and safe weight loss is possible - but only if you do it right. Just keep in mind that we're only talking about losing a few pounds here. 5, maybe 10, within a few weeks. No matter what anyone tells you, you're not going to safely lose 20 lbs. of fat in 2 weeks. It's just not possible. Plus, long-term weight loss success usually only occurs after many months of slow, steady body fat reduction through increased exercise and healthier eating. It's also important to remember to check with your doctor before starting any intense weight loss program.
That said, there are some proven steps you can take to lose a few pounds quickly, without hurting yourself. In fact, the following fast weight loss tips will probably improve your health. Sound good? Then here you go...
1. Eat a lot of food - Yes, you read that right, eat a lot! The process of eating and digesting food requires a lot of energy (calories) and significantly boosts your metabolism, especially when you eat small meals every 2 or 3 hours. The key is to eat the right foods... and none of the wrong foods, at least while you're on your fast weight loss program. The "right foods" include things like:
- lean proteins (especially low-fat chicken and turkey)
- fresh, uncooked vegetables (especially greens)
- beans and legumes (cooked without added fat)
- unsalted, oil-free nuts and seeds
- small amounts of olive oil and flax seed oil
- lots of pure water (not a real "food" but extremely important)
The "wrong foods" - what you should definitely avoid while you're trying to lose weight quickly - is pretty much everything else, but especially:
- foods and beverages with sugar
- white flour
- breads, pastas, cereals, etc.
- white rice
2. Avoid cravings - The most difficult part of any weight loss program is dealing with food cravings. When you stop eating the high-fat, high-sugar, high-calorie foods you're used to eating, your body rebels. Your brain tries to force you to go back to eating those unhealthy foods. But there are ways to deal with this natural response. One of the best strategies is to use distraction. Basically, whenever you feel a food craving coming on you get up and do something that takes your mind off of eating. Get out and do some exercise. Read a good book. Listen to your favorite music (fast-paced, heart-pumping music is often the best for this). Talk on the phone with a friend. Play a video game. Just do whatever it takes to distract your brain. After awhile your cravings should lessen.
3. Increase your cardio exercise - If you're already exercising on a regular basis, do more cardiovascular training to burn more fat. You don't have to do A LOT more, just enough to burn a few hundred more calories per day. Combined with your healthy fast weight loss diet it should be enough to drop a few pounds quickly. If you don't exercise regularly, you should ask your physician to recommend an easy "beginner's" exercise program that includes walking and/or light jogging. Also, try to do activities you enjoy. If you don't like running on a treadmill, don't try to force yourself to do it. Instead, go hiking, ride a bike, play some basketball/tennis/soccer/etc. Just make sure it's something you enjoy... and you'll keep doing it until your waist is a little smaller and your several pounds lighter!
John W. Lewis is a health and fitness writer for several popular web sites. To learn more about fast, safe weight loss visit the Real Fast Weight Loss Blog at: http://www.realfastweightloss.info.
Magic Teafit: Healthy Sip Promotes Energetic Lifestyle and Weight Loss... - GlobeNewswire (press release)
How To Lose Weight Quickly and Safely
"I eat like a bird, why do I gain weight?" When someone says that, I ask them "What kind or a bird a sparrow or a vulture"? Studies showed that there is a direct correlation between a person being inactive and weight gain. Experts say that it is inactivity, not excess eating that can add excess body fat.
The College Student's Guide for EASY WEIGHT LOSS!
Weight loss is a hot topic among college students today, especially considering the fact that most college freshmen gain half a pound every week! Since the schedule of college students is almost always hectic, weight loss efforts are not a priority. With so little extra time it is impractical to join the latest diet fad or commit to sweating in the gym for hours at a time.
3 Steps Gastric Bypass Patients Can Take to Avoid Calcium Deficiency
Most Americans do not get enough calcium in their diets; the average daily intake is 500 milligrams shy of the RDI (Recommended Daily Intake) of 1,000 to 1,500 milligrams.Gastric bypass patients are even more unlikely to intake adequate dietary calcium and without supplementation they may become calcium deficient which ultimately results in osteoporosis.
Blow Those Fat Cells to Smitherines in Just 9 Short Days
Close kept secrets to weight loss: Give me 9 days and blow those fat cells to smitherines!Sizzling!! I bought a jumpsuit when I was 21 years old and kept it in my closet. I knew one day I would fit into it again.
Weight Loss Through Low Carb Diet
Are you or your family members amongst the 65%?To help with weight issues and for overall improved health, many people turn to diets. In fact, government statistics show that while about 65 percent of Americans are overweight, 38 percent are actually doing something about it.
Why Does the Weight Come Back?
Before many Australians recently, a devastating story unfolded on a popular current affairs program.We watched with compassion as the fattest man in Australia told of his most recent, serious attempt to lose weight.
The Seven Secrets of Weight Loss
When embarking on a weight loss program people will almost always focus on just one or two of the seven necessary components needed to achieve their goal. In order to maximize ones weight loss results they must combine all seven components.
Easy Weight Loss
A really easy, fast way to weight loss is walking a lot. If the other things you've tried haven't worked, or if the results aren't quite what you're looking for, try walking twice a day, every day.
Low Carb Diets: Craze or Crazy?
Low carb diets, though popular, have met with much controversy. This type of diet simply doesn't fit with what the American Heart Association recommends.
Water - How Important Is It In Our Daily Diet And With Weight Loss?
The importance of drinking water is mentioned in almost every article on weight loss. It is a very important fact that we need to drink water whether we are dieting or not.
Young Wrestlers Fast, Sweat to Make Weight
Weight Loss Their Greatest Opponent---------------------------------Before high school and college wrestlers can face their opponents in the ring, they must first vanquish one in the locker room, the scales that determine whether they're eligible to compete in a given weight class. In order to make the weight they want, many of these young athletes are using fasting, dehydration, diet pills, and laxatives as ways to lose weight quickly.
Does A Quick Weight Loss Diet Really Work?
Only if you're trying to fool the scale on a specific date and time.Quick weight loss is advertised by diet marketers all the time.
Weight Loss: N Y Millionaire Weight Loss "Secret" Revealed
It is a fact that about 70% Americans are overweight. There may be genetic, social and psychological factors involved in this problem.
Weight Loss Options -- Infrared Radiant Heat Saunas (IR Saunas)
Infrared Radiant Heat (IRRH) is a form of radiation that penetrates the outer surface of objects, including human skin. Heat is generated as the infrared energy interacts with and penetrates the skin surface.
Oxygen Therapy For Weight Loss?
The chemistry sounds very straightforward. Human body fat is a combination of three elements - hydrogen, carbon and oxygen molecules (plus other substances that are stored within the fat cells).
Can Weight Loss Improve Your Health And Make You Feel Better?
Many people today are interested in weight loss and weight loss programs. Sedentary life styles and lack of exercise have contributed to a general trend toward carrying around a few extra pounds.
Before You Burn - Information About Weight Training Routines For Beginners
Information About Weight Training Routines For BeginnersSo you need to lose a few pounds? Perhaps you want to bulk up and strengthen and define your muscle tone? Maybe you just want to add a bit of variety to your exercise program? Weight training routines offer a great way to accomplish these goals. These types of training routines are used by professional athletes, fitness pros, and body builders.
Trans Fat: Whats That!?
Learning the jargon is part of the weight loss journey. Depending on the weight loss or healthy eating program you are on, you will learn lots of things about food and their ingredients.
Lose Weight With Soy!
The humble soybean boasts some extraordinary benefits. This nutritional powerhouse has stayed under wraps for too long.
Today's Diets - What's Hot!
For the person who wants to shed a few pounds (or even a lot of pounds), there are many choices of diet programs. To pick the best one for your tastes and lifestyle, you need to look at the attributes of each diet plan.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.