|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Tips For Cooking Low Carb
If you are committed to the low carb way of eating, but also craving some of your old comfort foods you may still be able to satisfy those cravings with a little bit of creative substitution. Some of the foods that you used to know and love, have a low carb alternative available - the taste might be a little bit different but you will soon get used to that and be well on your way to happier and healthier eating!
Here's some tips you can use to make your low carb cooking easier and tastier:
1. Make low carb bread crumbs for breaded foods. Foods like chicken Parmesan and stuffed peppers need to have a bread crumbs to have that full taste. While you may be able to buy low carb bread crumbs, you can also make them by using low carb bread. Simply toast the low carb bread in the oven on a cookie sheet. Once it is hard, grind it up in the food processor or blender.
2. Use soy flour or bake mix. When you need to use flour for baking or coating breaded foods, substitute soy flour or a bake mix like Atkins bake mix. You can convert your favorite recipes that use white flour to use these.
3. Use low carb chocolate bars for cookies and muffins. Now that you've converted your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe using soy flour, you don't want to put in those high carb chocolate chips. Chop up a low carb chocolate bar into small pieces and use that instead.
4. Use Splenda instead of sugar. Recipes that call for sugar can be modified to use Splenda instead. It is much lighter so you will have to expirement with it and it may not work for everything but if does bake up nice for the most part.
5. Make great smoothies with low carb yogurt. Ok, well it's not technically cooking, but if you love smoothies you can make them with low carb yogurt and fruit. Just make sure you use fruit that is low in carbs and the whole fruit not the juice as the fiber will help keep down the net carbs. Check my site below for a list of low carb fruits. Add a dash of vanilla or flavored syrup to the smoothie for added flavor.
6. For a great low carb pasta substitute use spaghetti squash. We all know that low carb pasta tastes horrible so why not try a food that is low in carbs and natural too. Cut the squash in half and bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes. The squash will scrape out in strings and gives the texture and feeling of spaghetti. Trust me, it taste a lot better than the low carb pasta and has about 7 grams carbs per 1 cup serving.
After refusing weight-loss surgery, woman reaches goal one step at a time - New York's PIX11 / WPIX-TV
Dieting Torture By Another Name, It Doesnt Need To Be That Way
I have tried many "diets" here in the USA and in England and to me they all felt like self inflicted torture. They were boring, tasteless, and restrictive.
Overcoming Secretive Eating
Finally - you are alone. No one else is around.
Want to Succeed on Your Diet, Find a Diet Buddy
If you're like most people who tried losing weight on a diet and failed it's probably because you didn't have enough support. Sure family, friends and even your spouse can help but one the best ways to succeed on a diet is to choose a diet buddy.
Low Carb Diet Secrets Revealed!
You may be considering a low carb diet program, but wonder if they really work, and if so, how well?Let's take the mystery out of low carb diets by giving you the 3 most important elements to their success.First, you need to bring your carboydrate cravings under control.
7 Strategies To Stop Eating Junk Food!
FACT: Obesity accounts for 300,000 deaths a year in the U.S.
Doubts About Gastric Bypass? One Womans Final Effort to Lose Weight Without Surgery
One may think that on a website called "LivingAfterWLS" you would never read about conventional dieting: losing weight the old fashioned way by eating less and exercising more. One would think WLS proponents would say, "It can't be done.
5 Ways To Make Protein Benefit You
Imagine this ..
Schoolchildren on South Beach diet
As a part of a children's diet and health study, conducted by Dr. Agatston, six elementary schools from Osceola County, Florida were included in a diet program from September through May 2005.
Binge Eating: Will This Cycle Ever Stop?
Here's a letter from my email:Dear Carol,I took your teleclass two years ago (I think). I reflect so often on everything the class covered that it seems like it was much more recently that I took the course.
Reading labels is an essential part of any weight loss program. Being able to clearly identify key components of a food item is vital to the success of your diet.
When Gaining Love Means Gaining Weight!
Do you tend to find your weight increases when you enter into a relationship? During weight management coaching, I use a tool called the "lifeline" to help my client and I understand what life events occurred around the time of gaining and losing weight. As my own experiences testify, I have found that many of us tend to put on weight when we enter into a relationship.
Top 10 Diet Tips From Diet Winners
Use these tips to turbo charge your weight loss program.Take it one pound at a time:Don't get overwhelmed by how much weight you need to lose.
Weight Loss for Good - The 80/20 Rule!
Have you ever thought, "I just can not seem to get motivated anymore to workout. I just don't understand why I have not lost a pound in two months.
Weight Loss During Holidays: What to Do With Leftovers?
If I Want to Lose Weight, What Can I Do With Leftovers?Okay, tell me if you've ever done this: It's Monday late afternoon. You decided yesterday that starting today you were going to 1) eat right, and 2) start to get regular exercise, and 3) give up all your bad habits.
Burn Fat Not Sugar!
You are going to be pleasantly surprised! Most people think that in order to lose weight you have to do strenuous exercise, continuously, and lots of it! Well, Guess what? NOT TRUE!I know you are thinking? That's crazy! It doesn't make any sense! I thought the same thing, when I first heard this. But it all comes down to understanding how your body works.
I know how difficult it can be do stick to a healthy diet when trying to eat out. Here are some tips that might prevent you from totally "blowing it" the next time you dine out.
Fighting Obesity - My Pyramid Dietary Guidelines
If you are fighting the battle of the bulge (overweight and obesity) unsuccessfully, here is good help at hand. You no longer have to depend on unsubstantiated claims and vested commercial weight loss sites for your fight against obesity.
QuickTips for Healthy Weight Loss
More than any other time in history, people are all vying to have the best, healthiest body. The health and fitness industries are making billions of dollars every year on herbal supplements , fitness equipment, gyms, and special diets.
Weight Loss Superfecta
If you are a fan of horse racing, you are familiar with the exotic bet called the Superfecta. It requires that you pick the first four horses to cross the finish line.
Gastric Bypass Surgery - Is It Right For You?
When we hear all the success stories of the gastric bypass, it sounds so easy. One pricey operation and the pounds just fly off! Right? Not quite.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.