|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Can Water Really Help You Lose Weight?
I believe that water not only helps with weight loss, but is also one of the most important things to keep in mind when trying to lose weight. Here are just some of the reasons why everyone should be drinking at least eight glasses of water day.
- Naturally suppresses appetite
- Increases metabolism
- Reduces stored fat deposits
- Improves kidney function
- Decreases fluid retention
- Helps muscles maintain their tone
- Aids in the prevention of sagging skin after weight loss
- Rids the body of excess waste
- Regulates bowel movements
- It's Free!
Aren't these enough reasons for you to start drinking your full daily intake of water?
I started drinking 9 glasses a day, and I noticed a difference over night!! I lost five pounds in the course of one day, and it's stayed off. The key is to keep drinking water, or you will see the weight come back. For every 25 pounds you want to lose, drink an extra glass of water.
Now, even though we have most of a day to suck back all that water, it is actually more difficult that you might think. So here are some tips to help you make sure you get your daily intake:
- Make an appointment with your glass of water. Schedule certain times of the day to chug back 8 ounces at once. After you wake up in the morning, on your way to work, during a commercial, etc.
- Have a water race with a friend or family member. The extra competition will help motivate you.
- I bought a big 1.5L bottle and made sure I drank all of it before the end of the day. If I didn't, I told my co-workers that they had permission to dump whatever was left on my head.
- Before drinking that coffee or pop, force yourself to get another glass of water down. You will probably not even want anything else after that.
- When you go to the bathroom (and you will be going frequently at first), refuel yourself with another glass before going back to whatever it was that you were doing.- Measure how much water you need in a bottle or measuring cup, then you can see your goal for the day.
- I played a game with myself while I was doing a puzzle. Every time I fit a piece into the puzzle, I would have to take a drink. It seems pretty silly, but it worked. I do puzzles pretty fast, so I downed almost 2 glasses in less than a half hour.
Use these ideas, or come up with your own tricks to help you reach your goal. You will notice a difference right away. I know I did. I felt better, I could see my stomach shrinking, and I found myself snacking less. It really works!
Cassandra Germsheid is the owner of http://www.babytipsonline.comwhere she helps mothers learn about their health, and share tips and information about their babies. She is a stay at home mother, but sometimes works part time for the local newspaper.
Cleansing Detox For Best Fat-Burning and Weight Loss Results Report and ... - PR Web (press release)
Do You Want To Lose Weight Without Going Crazy?
Here's what to do if you want to wear that slinky black dress, and stay sane:1. Make sure that you're not being neurotic and overly body conscious.
Lose A Pound
Lose a pound of fat? what does it take? Not eating for a day? Not eating for a week? Eating less? How much less?Professionals say that it takes 3500 calories in order to loose One Pound of fat you stored in your body. That simply means that you have to reduce your calorie intake for 3500 cal per week, and here you are - one pound less.
The Secret To Permanent Weight Loss
AND SAVE MONEY IN THE PROCESS. The secret is simple and basic.
Weight Loss Advice - What Makes a GREAT Personal Trainer?
If you are trying to lose weight you may find from time to time you need some encouragement, guidance and accountability. You can find this in friends, but on occasion you will need some extra help by seeking the advice of a personal trainer.
Close Kept Secrets to Weight Loss Lesson #9
WAHOO!!! for YOU!! You are the most AWESOME person alive!! Stand up and repeat after me. Come on, get up and feel the presence of God all around you.
Why Diets DONT Work
One of the biggest scams ever successfully pulled on the American public is - somewhat appropriately - a 4-letter word. That word is, of course, Diet.
For All Walks of Life
Why Walking Could Be the Solution to Your Fitness Dilemma.Walk, don't run, to your local fitness store and try on a pair of walking shoes.
Weight Loss Tip - The Importance of Lowering Your Body-Fat!
When you hear a doctor or a personal trainer say, "Your body fat is too high, or you are borderline obese, what do you think? Does it matter to you? Does it motivate you to lose weight? Or are the numbers on the scale more important?Most people will always have a love - hate relationship with the scale in their bathroom. However, with the dramatic increase in diabetes and obesity cases in America the importance of keeping your overall body fat down becomes the most important issue to ones health.
The Importance and Confusion of Fat in Your Diet
Fats are always looked at as a negative in a diet..
2 Ways To Start Burning More Calories Today
1. Start Exercising first thing in the morning.
Obesity - How it Affects Your Health
1. Carrying around excess body fat will decrease your energy level.
The Atkins Diet - Separating Fact From Fiction
Have you ever wished for a diet where you ate bacon, eggs, red meat, butter and sausage all day? Surprise! It's not the Atkins Diet.The Atkins Diet has been in existence for over 30 years and has enjoyed a surge in popularity over the last few years.
Weight Loss With Water
It's calorie-free, inexpensive and easily obtained - yet few people follow the old fashioned advice to drink eight glasses of water a day.Most people drink when they are thirsty, but usually not enough and certainly not when trying to lose weight.
3 Simple Changes In How You Eat That Will Make Dramatic Results In Your Ability To Burn Fat:
1. Increase your water intake to at least 1 gallon of Plain, fresh water per day.
Where Diets Go Wrong
When we discover that we are heavier than we want to be, we have a natural invlination to eat less food. We may skip lunch or eat only a tiny amount of our dinner in the hope that if we eat less our body will burn off some of its fat.
Negative Calorie Effect in Foods
Negative Calorie Effect in FoodsWhatever food we eat, our body has to work hard to digest it and absorb. Some foods need more energy than the others in the process of digestion.
Gastric Bypass Surgery - What Are The Risks?
Although all of the risks involved in gastric bypass surgery aren't fully known, there are many that are. These include possible infection, clotting of the blood, and the development of gallstones, a bleeding ulcer and even pneumonia.
If You Dont Track Your Diet? You Are Wasting Your Time
Frankly, I'm puzzled whenever I hear this from somebody who's frustrated with their lack of gains:Me: So what are you eating? How many calories per day and how many do you need?Them: I don't know. I just eat.
How To Maintain Your Weight Loss Motivation
One of the hardest aspects of getting yourself into shape, is maintaining the motivation you need to achieve your weight loss goals. Just about anyone will lose some of their enthusiasm, a month or so into a weight loss program.
98 Percent of Dieters Fail: A Sensible Lifestyle is the Answer
What the Diet Industry Does Not Want You To Know: 98 Percent of Dieters Fail. 98 Percent of dieters either quit the diet or are not able to keep the weight off permanently.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.