WBC, IBF, WBA To Hold Second Meeting on September 24
After the meeting between the WBC, WBA and IBF on June 21-24 in Cancun, Mexico, all three organizations have continued to work in the several important topics, which were discussed and a new meeting has been confirmed to take place on September 24 in Playa del Carmen, at the Grand Riviera Princess Hotel. The WBC, WBA and IBF representatives have confirmed their attendance to this second meeting and the WBO has been invited to attend as well.
Instant replay in boxing. It is confirmed that instant replay will be used in world championship fights and any other affiliated championship of the WBC, WBA and IBF.
The WBC shared its protocol and procedures, which have been used for the past 8 years and which has been a great success in many countries where it has been used with the support of many television companies and boxing promoters.
Each organization will use under their discretion their own procedure for the use of instant replay and at all times will have to secure an agreement with the corresponding local boxing commission where the fight takes place.
Following is the WBC current protocol.
WBC INSTANT REPLAY GUIDELINES
1. The WBC, in conjunction with the local commission, will appoint a panel in charge of instant replay. The panel will consist of the WBC Supervisor, the local commission Supervisor, and the specifically appointed monitor supervisor.
2. The promoter with the support of the television network will provide a monitor to be placed in the head table of the commission with headphones for audio commentary to receive the live feed.
3. Instant replay is limited to review (a) whether a cut or other injury to the face is the result of a punch or otherwise; or (b) whether a punch is thrown after the bell signaling the end of a round and (c) in any major situation that can change the outcome of the bout and where the replay clearly shows the actions are contradictory to the live ruling of the referee.
4. The referee may call "time out" during the bout and consult with the instant replay panel, if in doubt, as to any scenario, however it is recommended that all reviews are done during the resting minute period.
5. The instant replay panel will review any controversial instance that may have occurred in any round. A determination of the referee may be overruled solely if the instant replay monitor clearly and conclusively reveals, according to each member of the panel, that the ruling of the action by the referee was mistaken in his original determination.
6. The referee may request to verify the action by watching the TV monitor or may choose to accept the panel's recommendation, which is the final decision and the ruling that will be enforced.
7. Both corners and the audience will be notified of the final decision.
Watch them alll join forces!!!!Comment by RSBonos on 08-26-2014
"nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."Comment by Hougigo on 08-26-2014
[QUOTE=techliam;14888135]Really i didnt know that? The IBO has ridiculous computerised rankings like Boxrec. But do they let you fight rank 77 fighters in lower divisions? That belt could be useful The IBO also fund this forum. You can tell by…Comment by freedom.. on 08-26-2014
Will they be discussing how to get Chavez jr a easy title?Comment by techliam on 08-26-2014
[QUOTE=Hougigo;14888115]Why not? IBO lets you win a title or defend against anybody in the top 50.... As opposed to top 15 like everyone else[/QUOTE] Really i didnt know that? The IBO has ridiculous computerised rankings like Boxrec. But do they…Post a Comment/View More User Comments (12)