By Chris LaBate
WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz (29-2-2, 22KOs) has promised to punish Floyd Mayweather Jr. (41-0, 25KOs) on September 17th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Ortiz vowed "he's done." It will be Mayweather's first fight since since beating Shane Mosley by unanimous decision in May of 2010. Ortiz, 10 years younger at 24, won the title in April with a twelve round decision over previously undefeated Andre Berto
"He can't adjust to me," Ortiz said. "I don't care what he brings. He's done. He was done when he signed to fight Victor Ortiz. Everything will be told September 17 when a man's career ends and another man's career begins. I will bring a cane for the old man so his back won't hurt too much."
Ortiz doesn't want an "old" Mayweather. He wants the best Mayweather possible in September.
"I want the actual Floyd Mayweather to show up," Ortiz said. "I don't want one that has lost speed or lost power. He's got that beautiful mouth of his. I want the best Floyd Mayweather to show up. My only thing is 'Floyd Who?'. He's overdue. He's not supposed to be a 147-pounder. He knows that."
"Floyd is a good fighter but I've always thought he wasn't great. I'm not impressed and I'm not going to hold any respect like his 41 victims. Those fighters he fought, none of them were me. Somebody is in trouble. It's not what I think I can do. It's what I know I can do."Tags: Floyd Mayweather Jr. , Victor Ortiz , Mayweather-Ortiz , Mayweather vs Ortiz