Tyson Fury insists he is giving the fans what they want to see by facing Martin Rogan in April.
The 23-year-old 6ft 9in heavyweight dramatically vacated his British and Commonwealth titles earlier this month after a proposed bout with English champion David Price fell through.
Fury's promoter Mick Hennessy claimed Price's camp rejected £100,000 to fight his man, who is unbeaten in 17 bouts (12kos).
Now Fury, currently ranked in the world's top 10 by the WBC, will take on 40-year-old Rogan (14-2 7KOs) in Belfast on April 14 after a proposed showdown between the two failed to come off last year.
"We sat down and it's been a long decision," said Fury.
"The fight has been off and on two or three times and it was suppose to happen last year when I fought at the Kings Hall - but politics that got in the way of the boxing match and that's what it's not about.
"It's about going in there given the fans a great fight and I know Martin Rogan and I've nothing but respect for the man.
"I was watching the fights when he beat Matt Skelton and Audley Harrison and I know he is coming firing with both hands to take what I've got away but I'm number 6 in the world, I'm working my way to a world title shot and I'm hoping I'm going to get there."
Rogan was a shock winner over Audley Harrison in December 2008 and then beat Matt Skelton to lift the Commonwealth belt before losing that title to Sam Sexton in May 2009.
He knows that he now has the chance to put himself back on the heavyweight glory trail.
"I respect the chance that I've been given to step in the ring," said Rogan.
"I'm a great heavyweight, I've proved that by beating Matt Skelton, the undefeated and un-knocked out guy, I beat Audley Harrison, so I've got the pedigree to do the business on April 14 and that's what I intend to do."Tags: Tyson Fury , Fury vs Rogan , Fury-Rogan