WBO light heavyweight title challenger Tony Bellew is ready to stop all the talking and prepare for his world title fight against champion Nathan Cleverly next month. The pair have had heated arguments at a number of press conference since May, and Bellew can’t wait to show what he can do in the ring on Saturday 15th October at the Liverpool Echo Arena.
“All the talking has been done,” he said. “The press conferences have all been done again this time around, but now I’m just looking forward to stepping back in the ring. I’m now just going to let my boxing do the talking, because it doesn’t matter what I say, all that matters from here on in is what I do in the build up to October 15th.”
Both fighters will also be putting their unbeaten records on the line and the Liverpool boxer believes it will be the toughest bout so far for the pair.
“I’ve been tested and my chin has been tested. I think this fight is going to be a huge test for both of us,” said Bellew. “Nathan is good at what he does, he’s got fast feet and good hands with a good variety of punches. However there is nothing from him that I haven’t seen before.”
“This is the biggest fight so far for the two of us, I’m the best opponent he’s faced. He knows I’m better than Karo Murat, he knows I’m better than Antonio Brancalion and he knows I’m a lot better than Nadjib Mohammedi. And I know he is better than Ovill McKenzie and all the other fighters I’ve faced before. We both have questions to answer.”
Tags: Frank Warren , Nathan Cleverly , Tony Bellew , Cleverly-Bellew