By Kevin Francis, courtesy of The Daily Star
DAVID HAYE has been given a three-week deadline to agree to come out of retirement and fight Vitali Klitschko.
Haye has been in talks about taking on the WBC world heavyweight champion in February or March next year.
But the 31-year-old Brit has been told to decide by mid- December or forget about the multi-million pound deal.
Haye hung up his gloves last month after his comprehensive July defeat by Vitali’s brother Wladimir, who fights Frenchman Jean Marc Mormeck on December 10.
But a big-money deal is likely to lure him back into the ring.
Vitali’s manager Bernd Boente said: “Irrespective of whatever Haye decides, Vitali will announce his next fight the week after Wladimir fights on December 10.”
It looks like a deal is on and Boente said: “It’s the biggest heavyweight fight out there, one that would stir the public’s imagination.
“There is no other fighter that would bring British TV. Tyson Fury (British and Commonwealth champ) is not interested in fighting either of the brothers.
“We are in talks and Haye said he would come out of retirement to fight one of the Klitschko brothers.”
Wladimir Klitschko, who is in training camp in Austria, will fight Jean Marc Mormeck on December 10 in Dusseldorf, live on Sky Sports HD1.