Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Team Joyi Wants IBO To Order a Rematch With Budler - Boxing News
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Follow BoxingScene
 
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
• Register A Free Account
• Account Login
• Boxing Schedule
• Boxing Champions
• Boxing Downloads
• Boxing Forums
• Boxing News Wire
• Boxing Photos
• Boxing History
• Boxer Search
• Fantasy Betting
• Feedback
• Fitness and Health  
• Free Homepage
• Mixed Martial Arts
• Pound For Pound
• Upcoming Fight Archive
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  6/17/2013       Read more by Boxing Clever         
   
Team Joyi Wants IBO To Order a Rematch With Budler
Share Click Here To Email Printable version Search BoxingScene Database 

Nkosinathi Joyi’s trainer wants the IBO to order a rematch between his fighter and Hekkie Budler.

Sipatho Handi, who also manages Joyi, said on Sunday the judges’ decision to award Budler a split-decision victory at Emperors Palace on Saturday night was “daylight robbery”.

Budler retained his IBO strawweight title when two judges scored the bout in his favour, 115-113 and 116-113. The third had it 116-112 for Joyi, a former IBO and IBF champion.

Handi said a complaint over the decision had been forwarded to the IBO, with the request for a rematch.

"I don't care if the fight took place close to midnight and two of the judges might have dozed off instead of watching the proceedings," said Handi. "The only words that come to mind … is that it was daylight robbery.

"The German judge had Nkosinathi a clear-cut 116-112 winner, so I can't fathom what the other two gentlemen were thinking."

Handi did admit that Joyi, whom Ring magazine once rated the top strawweight in the world, was not at his best and might have seen his best days.

"At 23 or 24, Nkosinathi would have knocked Budler out in a couple of rounds," he said.

"At the age of 30, he is still a far more accomplished boxer than Budler, and he’ll prove it in a rematch."

Tags: Nkosinathi Joyi , Hekkie Budler


 

 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  John Murray: I'm Violent, I Wan...
  Adviser: Malignaggi in Line for...
  Konecny Considers Quillin Good,...
  Team Quigg/Hearn Talk Rigondeau...
  Usyk Will Fight Ben Nsafoah on ...
  Payasito Hernanez-Antonio Tosta...
  Marquez Felt Pacquiao Looked Go...
  Sean Monaghan-Elvir Muriqi Set ...
  Bradley's Trainer Tabs Pacquiao...
  Nevada Commission Picks Robert ...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved. Material may not be replicated in any manner without the written consent of BoxingScene.com