Advertisement

Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Team Fedchenko: Marquez Will Get Outboxed in Mexico

By Ernesto Castellanos, notifight.com
 
Ukrainian Sergey Fedchenko (30-1, 13KOs) continues to train hard for his scheduled fight against Juan Manuel Marquez (53-6-1, 39KOs) on the 14th of April at the new Arena in Mexico City. Fedchenko ran in the morning at Chapultepec, where he also did exercises and boxed for four rounds with his sparring Artem Ayvazidi, and then went to his hotel where he took a bath, had breakfast and rested. He spent the rest of the day learning about the Mexican capital.

Through an interpreter of the Russian Embassy, ​​manager and trainer Viktor Demchenko said: 

"During his time in Ukraine, Fedchenko had a great preparation for this fight, and during his time in Mexico he's been staying sharp. The weight is under control, and virtually all he's thinking about is getting in the ring.  I talked to Fedchenko and I've seen that he is very motivated with the biggest opportunity of his life."

"If nothing else, he is going to face one of the three or four best fighters in the world, but he was able to beat DeMarcus Corley and Argentine Juan Alberto Godoy, so there is no doubt he can upset the Mexican. When you see Sergey in the ring, you will witness a fighter with great skill. Marquez is not going to find things easy. Fedchenko going to box his way to a great victory."

User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by tostao on 04-07-2012

fedchenko is getting ko'd if he comes to fight , running might bring him decision loss . he's not in the same league with marquez . for fed the best thing to shut his big mouth up and absorb the…

Comment by mathed on 04-07-2012

[QUOTE=PacmanP4PLegend;11978611]Yeah I mean this Fed guys is walking into the lion's den fighting dude in Mexico City I feel sorry for him this time in 8 days cause Marquez will dominate him. Shame on Juan for fighting this dude instead…

Comment by PacmanP4PLegend on 04-06-2012

[QUOTE=mathed;11978251]Fedchenko can think what he wants but JMM is going to pick him to pieces 98% guaranteed. The other 2% can be allocated to a JMM decision or Fedchenko winning.[/QUOTE] Yeah I mean this Fed guys is walking into the…

Comment by ShoulderRoll on 04-06-2012

[QUOTE=Mikhnienko;11977733][SIZE="4"][U][I][B]Mexico Shall Weep[/B][/I][/U][/SIZE][/QUOTE] Do you think this Eastern Euro can do something that Manny Pacquiao couldn't?

Comment by mathed on 04-06-2012

Fedchenko can think what he wants but JMM is going to pick him to pieces 98% guaranteed. The other 2% can be allocated to a JMM decision or Fedchenko winning.

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (26)
Top Headlines Frank Warren Has No Doubt Saunders Will Handle Khurtsidze Zolani Tete Targets Yamanaka, Zhakiyanov Title Unifications Frank Warren Reacts To Hughie Fury vs. Joseph Parker Situation Tony Bellew Can't Wait To 'Size Up' To Deontay Wilder at Ringside Warrington Aims To Use Martinez as Springboard To World Level Brook Plans To Chin-Check Spence: He Never Felt Power Like Mine! Klitschko Can't Be Reluctant Or Apathetic Against Joshua Walsh Feels He's Getting Gervonta Davis at The Perfect Time Tony Thompson: Given Chance, I'll Knock Povetkin the F*** Out! Malignaggi: Golovkin Was Not Exposed, Jacobs is The Goods Joshua: A Loss Won't End My Career, But it Could End Klitschko's Malignaggi Backs Canelo: Chavez Jr. Has a Name - Not World Class Juan Manuel Marquez May Fight on June 24 in Toluca, Says Nacho Pacquiao: I'd Love Mayweather Rematch, I Never Lost That Fight! Photos: Canelo vs. Chavez - Their Brothers in Heated Face To Face Luis Ortiz To Joshua: Your Money is No Good, No Step Aside Fee! Photos: Ramos-Beltran, Top Rank Solo Boxeo - Official Weigh-In David Haye: Klitschko is Finished, Strong Chance Joshua KO's Him Video: Scott Quigg, Freddie Roach Discusses Simion IBF Eliminator Klitschko: Can't Wait To Face Joshua, It's My Territory From The Start Ward vs. Kovalev Rematch: Luis Arias vs. Arif Magomedov Added Video: Carl Froch Discusses Canelo-Chavez, Joshua-Klitschko Video: Anthony Joshua Pumped, Confident of Beating Klitschko Canelo vs. Chavez: Ryan Garcia, Marlen Esparza To See Action Cleverly vs. Skoglund Update, Kessler-Nielsen a No-Go, More Photos: Kubrat Pulev, Kevin Johnson Ready For Battle Scott Quigg: I'd Love The Winner of Leo Santa Cruz vs. Abner Mares Klitschko To Joshua: Losing is Nothing To Be Scared About Tyson Fury: I Will Prove The World Wrong, Reclaim World Titles WBA: Joshua-Klitschko Winner Could Be Granted Voluntary Permit Photos: Quigg-Simion, Campbell-Perez, Taylor-Meinke - Presser Photos: David Lemieux Grinds Hard For Return on Canelo-Chavez Photos: Joshua, Klitschko - Face To Face at Final Presser Lee Haskins vs. Ryan Burnett IBF Title Clash on June 10 Michael Conlan, Top Rank Chicago Card on May 26 - Ticket Info Joshua: I Took Klitschko Fight Because Our Division Needed It Jacobs' Trainer Would Like Gennady Golovkin Rematch - Next Team Andrade: Lara Turned Us Down Twice; Never Talked Money Koncz: Brisbane Crowd Will Be Cheering For Pacquiao, Not Horn Joseph Parker's Handlers View Razvan Cojanu as Dangerous Fight
Advertisement
Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement