By Phil D. Jay
Former British bantamweight champion Stuart Hall has expressed his anger at Frank Maloney shelving his upcoming six-rounder against Dougie Curran on Saturday and hinted that he may be ready to look for a new promoter.
The 32 year-old was due to make an appearance at Bowlers in Manchester on the Brian Rose v Kris Carslaw British light-middleweight undercard and is unhappy at the timing of the cancellation following the withdrawal of the bout.
"I have trained six hard weeks for this fight and to be told it is not going to happen two days before the fight is ridiculous. I am absolutely wounded, Hall told thenorthernecho.co.uk.
"I can't believe what Frank has done. Maybe he thinks I am finished.
"I can tell you now I'm going nowhere because I am in better shape than I have ever been. This fight was going to be where I showed everybody how good I still am. I am just devastated.
"We are looking to complain about the decision because we were told far too late.
"I have been training in Leeds which has cost me hundreds of pounds, not forgetting the tickets I have sold to mates and their hotels etc. We will get none of that money back.
"I have been shining in sparring and my trainer says I am in the best shape of my career.
"I know that with the right promoters I can still win titles," he added.
Hall (12-1-1) has one victory under his belt since losing his British title to Jamie McDonnell in September last year whilst suffering his only loss, and will now have to await a fresh date from Maloney for his next outing.
Phil D. Jay covers boxing for worldboxingnews.net