Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Soliman To Fight Nine Month Ban For PED Test Result

Middleweight contender Sam Soliman is going to challenge a nine month ban that has reportedly been issued after he tested positive for a banned stimulant. Bund Deutscher Berufsboxer [the Association of German professional boxers] issued Soliman with the ban after he tested positive for methylsynephrine following his upset decision victory over former champion Felix Sturm in February.

Since the news broke, Soliman has taken to his Twitter account to deny its validity and said his lawyers had commissioned further tests to disprove it.

"This is incorrect. The sample was split & my lawyers had tests done in USA by laboratory which were negative. More detail soon," his tweet read.

A number of reports claim the result of Soliman's win over Sturm has been overturned to a 'no contest' result though the International Boxing Federation upholds the unanimous decision on its website.

Last month, team Soliman issued a statement in which they denied any wrong doing and reiterated their commitment to competing in a clean sport.

Sam abided by the rules and won the fight fairly," it said. "He did not test positive for any substance under the anti-doping rules of this fight. What's even more disturbing about this attempt to switch the rules post-fight is that the substance that Sam supposedly tested positive for isn't even an anabolic steroid or any other traditional performance enhancing drug.

"The definitive point is that the alleged presence of this substance in a sample, even if confirmed by further analysis of the B-sample, would simply not be a positive doping result under the terms of this bout. Team Soliman is 100% committed to a level playing field in boxing competition. Boxers who cheat the rules deserve to be punished.

"Sam is a fighter of the highest integrity and moral character who signed a fight contract and abided by it to the letter."

Tags: Sam Soliman image  
User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Post a Comment - View More User Comments (0)
Top Headlines Golovkin's Coach on The Canelo vs. Chavez Jr. Catch-Weight Randy Caballero To Return on March 23 on ESPN Card "Fighting Words" - Angel Garcia to Blame, Though We Enabled Him Abel Sanchez: Maybe It Could Be Golovkin-Chavez, Canelo-Jacobs Puerto Rico Commission To Investigate Vazquez Jr. Pay Claims Shawn Porter Tabs Santa Cruz To Beat Frampton in Rematch Chocolatito: All Rungvisai Has is a Punch, It Won't Be That Difficult Klitschko Coach Says Everyone Will Be Shocked After Joshua Fight Nacho: Juan Manuel Marquez Has Not Retired, Wants To Fight Memo: Chavez Jr. Will Be Stronger, No Weight Issues For Canelo Thurman-Garcia: Narvaez vs. Rodriguez Clash is Eyed For Card Rob Brant Stops Alexis Hloros in First at Grand Casino in Hinckley Canelo vs. Chavez is a Fight Boxing Needed, Says De La Hoya David Haye: Chris Eubank Jr. is a Force, He Will Go All The Way Canelo vs. Chavez: Positive Talks Ongoing With MGM, Jerry Jones Conlan Hopes For 'Dream Fight' With Carl Frampton in The Future Top Rank Prez Eyes Deontay Wilder vs. Joseph Parker Unification Jacobs: Most Guys are Beaten Mentally When They Face Golovkin Frampton Expects Rematch With Leo Santa Cruz To Be Easier Tomoki Kameda Returns To Japan on March 10, Faces Tawatchai Carl Greaves Looks Back On 2016, Is Excited About 2017 Jermell Charlo, Gary Russell Mandatory Double Eyed For March 11 De La Hoya: Canelo Beating Chavez Jr. Will Not Satisfy The Critics Cedric Vitu Retains EBU Title, Decisions Isaac Real in Levallois Horn Warns Pacquiao, Top Rank Not To Look Beyond April Fight Angel Garcia, Mayweather Tarnished What Should've Been Good Week for Boxing WBA Champ Ortiz Wins Decision Over Ramos in Mexico City Robert Garcia: Canelo Has A lot More To Lose in Chavez Jr. Bout Hairon Socarras Training Hard in Miami For February 3 Return Zab Judah Returns, Blasts Out Munguia in Two Rounds Jose Pedraza Confident That He Will Return Strong at Lightweight Javier Fortuna Ready - Targets Sosa, Corrales, Lomachenko Alvarez vs. Chavez Rematch is Being Planned For March 11 Miguel Cotto: Juan Manuel Marquez Fight is Very Viable Bradley Pryce Announces Retirement After Defeat Robbie Davies Jr. Crushes Zoltan Szabo, Retains WBA Regional Patrick Nielsen, Dina Thorslund Win Decisions, Khattab Shocked Bellew: 'Ego Maniac' David Haye Better Hope He Ends Me in Four Beterbiev: Barrera Proved To Be a Real Fighter, He Agreed To Fight Luis Cruz Admits He Was Close To Retirement Before Easter Shot
Advertisement
Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement