Sergey Derevyanchenko Shoots Down Pro Run Rumor
By Alexey Sukachev
It was previously reported by the BoxingScene.com that another Ukrainian amateur standout, Sergey Derevyanchenko, was moving to the pro ranks on June 21 in the United States. Derevyanchenko was said to be appearing as part of the undercard of the show, promoted by Main Events, at Mohegun Sun Pocono Downs. However, that information was rejected by Derevyanchenko himself, according to Kazboxing social page.
"No, that's not true. I have never ever signed a contract with anyone in the pro game", said Derevyanchenko. "I was offered such a move a couple of weeks ago but nothing was solidified here, and I haven't signed anything or struck any deals whatsoever. I'm not eliminating the possibility of turning pro but it would definitely be in future. I cannot say anything regarding the coming season. Right now I'm spending time with my family in Nikolayev."