Ricky Hatton has no regrets over his comeback last year but is now happily retired and focused on leading middleweight Martin Murray to world title glory.
Hatton made his return to the ring after a three-and-a-half-year absence against fringe welterweight contender Vyacheslav Senchenko, who knocked the former two-weight world champion out in the ninth round.
The Mancunian immediately announced his retirement in the press conference following his defeat to the Ukrainian in November last year and harbours no thoughts of another comeback.
"I look at the ring now and it scares me to death to be honest with you," said the 34-year-old.
"I gave it a go in the comeback and I needed to know whether I still had it. There's nothing more than a knockout defeat that makes you think 'right, that's it, I know now' and I can go into retirement happy and content that I gave it a go. It's win-win all the way now."
Hatton, who revealed he is expecting his third child and second with partner Jennifer Dooley in August, is turning all his attentions on promoting and training young fighters.
"(Retirement has) been very enjoyable," Hatton said.
"I'm in the gym every day, I've got four very, very talented lads who I train and obviously the promoting is going really well."
One of the jewels in the Hatton Promotions crown is Murray, who is travelling to the lion's den to take on Argentina's Sergio Martinez for the WBC middleweight title in Buenos Aires on April 27.
Murray will be a heavy underdog against Martinez, who is regarded as the number one at 160lbs and a top-three fighter in the so-called pound-for-pound rankings.
Clearly the deck is stacked against the 30-year-old although Murray proved he belongs among the world elite two years ago after battling to a draw against then WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm in Germany - a bout many thought the Briton won.
Hatton is therefore hopeful that experience will stand Murray in good stead.
"I'm confident as I'm going to be. Needless to say I don't need to speak to Martin, he's keen," Hatton said.
"It's a tough ask; he's an underdog, he's fighting the best middleweight in the world and the number three pound-for-pound fighter.
"But I think it might be the right fight at the right time for Martin.
"Martinez is 38 years of age and as good as a world champion as Martinez is - and he is a very good world champion - it has to come to an end by some young, hungry (fighter) that comes through.
"Martin went into the lion's den in Germany and acquitted himself very, very well and got a draw. I don't think people thought he was capable of that.
"But he did and then he won the WBA interim title against (Jorge) Navarro and it looked like he'd stepped up a gear against him."
Martinez will be looking for his third victory against a British opponent, having defeated Murray's domestic rivals Darren Barker and Matthew Macklin.
The southpaw looked to be cruising to victory in his last fight against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr in September last year but was knocked down in the final round and came close to being stopped by his unfancied Mexican opponent.
According to his promoter, that should give Murray an added reason for optimism.
"Sooner or later the reign comes to an end. He's had a few injuries along the way and he hung on for life against Chavez Junior," Hatton added.
"So as much as it will be a big ask, there's no reason why Martin shouldn't go over there and think 'this is my time and I'm capable of doing this'."